Mascara (1 Viewer)

monique66

Alright...Its that time to invest in some new mascara...

I'm sick of waterproof, its such a pain to take off when I get home. I just want something to make my lashes curvier (longer eyelashes aren't really my problem)

Any suggestions?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
price range?

lancome flexicils is awesome,so is diorshow.

but i like good old mabelline great lash mascara. it's cheap and it does the trick.

arrested development
HSC
I like Diorshow for an all-round great mascara, but I know other people find it quite ordinary. If you're only really after something that will give your lashes a nice curl, then why not invest in a good heated eyelash curler? The Modelco one works really well for me.

monique66

Pretty lenient on price as long as its not too out there...

I'm not to keen on the idea of a curler, I just want something quick and easy for the mornings :)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
In particular for curling, Loreal Paris Panoramic Curling is reallllly good. Another great curling mascara i recently bought was Napoleon Madame Peep Show Curl Curl, which is really useful because the mascara stick is bent at an angle and so its easy to apply and curl and everything. But its just not as good as the Loreal one. For an all-rounder, Lancome Hypnose Mascara. I love it to bits.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Rimmel Volume Flash is friggin awesome. I don't leave home without it.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
why dont you use a oil cleanser to take the mascara off.

i like benefit badgal, it smudges on me though but im prone to smudges with every mascara i use =|

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I don't feel that waterproof mascara is necessary for me. My mascara is pretty resilient anyway. I use Clinique Naturally glossy for day-time wear, and Clinique High Impact for night-time. Incredibly pricey, but I have sensitive eyes and can't use anything but Clinique.

I hear Maybelline is very good, and set at a good price range too!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
my lashes are dead straight so i use Maybelline sky high curves - its really really good - and its not too difficult to get off like a waterproof but it doesn't seem to smudge during the day at all

Kulazzi

HSC
Just on the topic of mascara (sorry damnation :p, hope you don't mind) I have this problem that whichever mascara I use, my eyelashes always tends to stick together, they don't "fan" out. I never use mascara anymore because of that problem. Does anyone know what the problem is?

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
Just on the topic of mascara (sorry damnation :p, hope you don't mind) I have this problem that whichever mascara I use, my eyelashes always tends to stick together, they don't "fan" out. I never use mascara anymore because of that problem. Does anyone know what the problem is?
maybe your mascara was clumpy. how long did you have it for? somtimes it dries out and causes flaking, etc. try using a eyelash comb to separate your lashes. :)

Kulazzi

HSC
subjectiv said:
maybe your mascara was clumpy. how long did you have it for? somtimes it dries out and causes flaking, etc. try using a eyelash comb to separate your lashes. :)
Even the new ones don't separate my lashes, my sister has a comb-type mascara that my sister has (it's silver, forgot the brand name) but it still doesn't work =( I don't think my lashes are suited to mascara.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Even the new ones don't separate my lashes, my sister has a comb-type mascara that my sister has (it's silver, forgot the brand name) but it still doesn't work =( I don't think my lashes are suited to mascara.
mine used to do that alot - i found if you get a tissue and just wip of some of the extra mascara they dont tend to stick as much

Especially on the end of the mascara brush there tends to be a little blob of mascara there that clumps on your lashes

so if you just lighly role your mascara wond over a tissue and get that little bit off on the end that should help a little

Kulazzi

HSC
MissSavage29 said:
mine used to do that alot - i found if you get a tissue and just wip of some of the extra mascara they dont tend to stick as much

Especially on the end of the mascara brush there tends to be a little blob of mascara there that clumps on your lashes

so if you just lighly role your mascara wond over a tissue and get that little bit off on the end that should help a little
thanks misssavage, I'll try that :)

HSC
Invest in a really good eyelash curler. Curl, then set with whatever mascara.
I have the shu uemera eyelash curler and it's heaven sent. No crimping of lashes, just curly pretty things. Price is a little steep for a piece of metal though $60.. and you can't buy replacement pads :(
The Shiseido curler is nearly as good and heaps cheaper. Just make sure you curl your lashes in 3 steps. (1st, as close to the bottom/roots of your lashes, then move your way up to the tips)

As for mascara, I'm all for Estee Lauder's Lash XL for a "natural" look and DiorShow is good for a dramatic look. I also quite like Full n Soft. :p

Lainee

HSC
Speaking of curlers, I lost 5 eyelashes the other morning all from my right eye and I freaked out and swore never to curl them again! Ironically, those 5 lashes are still sitting on my dresser (haven't had to heart to chuck them out) still perfectly curled. How cruel. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)