Masculinity. (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
This questionnaire is for my HSC Personal Interest Project, where I am examining the effects of media representations of homosexuality in changing traditional perceptions of traditional masculinity. I would really appreciate it if you (or any family members) could take the time to fill it out. Thanks!

Question 1
List 3 words or phrases that come to mind when you hear the word 'masculinity'.

Question 2
How do you think masculinity is portrayed in Brokeback Mountain?(If you have not seen the movie, please answer given your general impression of the movie.)

Question 3
The main characters of Brokeback Mountain, played by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, are gay; does this change your impression of how masculine these characters are? Why or why not?

Question 4
Generally, do you think media representations of homosexuality are changing traditional perceptions of masculinity? Why or why not?

Thank you for your time :) Send the responses as a PM, add a new reply or to my email crystal_emu@hotmail.com

HSC
fallenstar said:
what did you focus on?
i love the area of gender; it's fascinating.
Gender is very interesting imo, but it would be a pain to do it too much.

I focused on young men's perceptions of masculinity and whether or not the perceptions are as homogenous are society percieves them to be. Yeah.

I'm so over my pip. It was the worst month of my hsc hands down. Even worse than recieving my shitty trial marks back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)