Massive bookshop queue (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
the line seems long, but they let in a few people at a time so its not to bad.

thesecond

HSC
After signing up as a member at that table near the front they let you go straight in.
Well they let me straight in at least.
So if your not yet a member and want to skip lining up, do that.

spence

HSC
Alternatively, find the books online for cheaper and with no wait. E.g. textbookexchange or bookdepository if you need novels.

I haven't bought a textbook from co-op since first year but I really need my moleskin. :(
I was planning on buying one when I got my textbooks, but they don't have very many types. Dymocks has way more

jet

Banned
HSC
the line seems long, but they let in a few people at a time so its not to bad.
They let in 15 people every 10 minutes or so, depending on how many people are in there. I heard the security guards talking today.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I braved the copy centre line for an hour in the rain on monday. Might tackle the co-op next monday when I have a 3 hour break since at present it looks like it'll take about that long to get in.

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah its $20 and you get like 10% off or something.you make it back in your first purchase

spence

HSC
Is the Co-op card worth it? The psych lecturer emphasised that we had to get the newest edition of the textbook so our page references matched or something >_< I'm still having trouble organising myself. Not even sure on what books I'm supposed to be buying..
It shouldn't matter if you've got an old edition. Psych doesn't make you do specific textbook readings, they just give you a chunk of pages that corresponds to each topic, but it should be pretty easy to figure out what it corresponds to

jet

Banned
HSC
Is the Co-op card worth it? The psych lecturer emphasised that we had to get the newest edition of the textbook so our page references matched or something >_< I'm still having trouble organising myself. Not even sure on what books I'm supposed to be buying..
Yeah I already made it back.

Coop was pretty good today. Got textbooks in the morning and I just walked in the door, no lines :)

The arvo was a bit worse; 10 mins to get into the door, just for an $8 lab manual. But I'm done now, so no more waiting!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I was planning on buying one when I got my textbooks, but they don't have very many types. Dymocks has way more
ARGH WHAT, the Dymocks I went to was all sold out. Boo. I still haven't bought mine.
Which one did you go to btw?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Haven't bought my actual books yet because I wanted to wait for first lectures to make sure they were all needed.

Bought my readers online. Bypassing the main copy centre line in the rain on Monday was hell, dirty looks from everywhere as I put down my umbrella and walked in to pick them up lol. Made me wonder for a minute if I was actually allowed to do that but it seems it was all OK. Pay online people!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah lots of people buy their copy centre books online. Saves you loads of time. Even when the pre-order line is long, it's still no more than maybe 15 minutes in line.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
gonna pick up my copy centre books, and buy my co-op books on monday. HOPEFULLY the line isnt long :(

also have to go to kopystop and the SRC bookstore. probably shouldnt have left it this long.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
all my books are sold out on that site :mad:

HSC
I think I need to get some books from the co-op.

Better look up what they are called and get em Monday Morning.

Also where abouts is Kopystop on broadway?? Is it in broadway shopping centre?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I think I need to get some books from the co-op.

Better look up what they are called and get em Monday Morning.

Also where abouts is Kopystop on broadway?? Is it in broadway shopping centre?
Kopystop is on the western side side of Mountain St, just off Broadway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)