Masters of Teaching - Working with children's check? (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,
Do I need a working with children's check in order to be eligible for a teaching degree?

Also, what does "Decision pending – additional selection criteria" mean? According to UAC, there's no need to submit anything else for UTS teaching.

THanks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you need a working with children's check to be eligible for a teaching career, but you need one when you go on practical experience in high school/primary school and what not-because you are working with children. I think for the second question, you are better off asking UAC itself what it means by that.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you need a working with children's check to be eligible for a teaching career, but you need one when you go on practical experience in high school/primary school and what not-because you are working with children. I think for the second question, you are better off asking UAC itself what it means by that.
Okay thanks!
As for second question for those wondering in the future, I found this on their site:
"A decision has not yet been made as to whether you have met the additional selection criteria for this course – check back later. If you do not know what the additional selection criteria are for this course, check the course description by using UAC’s course search." (http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/check-change/Applicant_tracking_course_prefs.pdf)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)