material suggestions for bow (1 Viewer)

jazzythezoo

HSC
hey there,

for my body of work i am designing 6 different shoes since shoes are my obsession and i am translating societal obsessions through my own. For example i have a sex shoe, a war shoe, a money shoe...

for my drug shoe i wanted to use fake pills like panadol pills and design them in trail mosaics or sumthing....anyway i already tried with clay and fimo and they are just not taking the shape i want, and are usually very different from eachother despite me using a circle cutter to get them as similar as possible. When i decided to settle for second best and use them anyway no paint would go on evenly or nicely no matter how many coats and it just looked tacky.

do you know of any other materials i can use to make fake pills? ive already tried googling novelty pills and w.e and cant find anything.

plzzz help!
x

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
-buttons (they are huge varieties available go looking :D)
-plastacine/modelling clay
-liquid latex (depending on how much you are willing to spend)

i would also suggest going and buying pill maker (an old chemist tool you can find them on ebay cheaply) and if you google medshop you can also buy syringe shaped pens you could potential use this to make a heel (suggestion only) or you could also look for (if you get what i mean) cheap plastic girls necklaces -for the real littles- and take the beads and shapes of that and paint them.

Hope these suggestions help you.

remember illecit drug pills rarely come uniformly, so being various shapes may also work for you like that.

imnotwallace

HSC
Please remember the Board of Studies BOW submission guidelines when designing your shoes.
e.g. Nothing sharp that can cut the marker if they're stupid enough to poke at the pointy bits. No body fluids (of course).

I was just thinking of this the moment you said "war shoe" :/

Sorry I can't help with the pills though. What about... tic-tacs or something? Use a mint maybe? and repaint it? one way to paint something that small is to just drown/submerge it in paint I guess.

jazzythezoo

HSC
lol the syringe idea im already doing!! funny how great minds think alike ;)

i was gonna do mints and laquer them so they cant disintergrate, but i remembered i cant use food :(

i will look up the pill maker thing for sure

thank you guys so so so much!!

x

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You could just buy some unfilled capsules and fill them with talcum powder, flour etc

ActiveA

HSC
You could just buy some unfilled capsules and fill them with talcum powder, flour etc
Yeah, i second this idea, you can buy them in bulk in health stores as clear caps.

Personally, I'd buy online, and get the blue and red pills, Dr. Mario ftw!

freehug

HSC
hey there,

for my body of work i am designing 6 different shoes since shoes are my obsession and i am translating societal obsessions through my own. For example i have a sex shoe, a war shoe, a money shoe...

for my drug shoe i wanted to use fake pills like panadol pills and design them in trail mosaics or sumthing....anyway i already tried with clay and fimo and they are just not taking the shape i want, and are usually very different from eachother despite me using a circle cutter to get them as similar as possible. When i decided to settle for second best and use them anyway no paint would go on evenly or nicely no matter how many coats and it just looked tacky.

do you know of any other materials i can use to make fake pills? ive already tried googling novelty pills and w.e and cant find anything.

plzzz help!
x

Make you BOW 3D go to vinneies and collect shoes and decorate them thats wat i did for my found object artwork in yr11 turned out gr8 :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)