Math Dilemma (1 Viewer)

friedzilla

HSC
Hey peeps!

I'm having a dilemma when i study mathematics, i'm going through the cambridge book and i'm doing every single question and it takes me a long time(3hours+) to finish one exercise, I was wondering if you guys did every question in the book or just did questions until you were confident in yourself? What were your strategies on tackling down this monster textbook?

Kind Regards,
Your juan and only Friedzilla.

Shuuya

HSC
I definitely don't do all the questions!

I'd say pick out the ones that look challenging, until you feel confident that you know your stuff :D

leehuan

HSC
Don't spend too long doing the foundations if you get bored of them.

It's more important that most development questions get done, not the foundations.

But if you're good enough that you can get all the extension questions out then even drop some of the development.

Fact is, whilst doing every single question gears you up so well for maths, the marginal cost...ok let me turn off my economics...the amount of time you could spend on other stuff is probably too much and you sacrifice way too much study time everywhere else. So only do every single question when you are struggling, otherwise learn to skip. At least every second.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Hey peeps!

I'm having a dilemma when i study mathematics, i'm going through the cambridge book and i'm doing every single question and it takes me a long time(3hours+) to finish one exercise, I was wondering if you guys did every question in the book or just did questions until you were confident in yourself? What were your strategies on tackling down this monster textbook?

Kind Regards,
Your juan and only Friedzilla.
when i'm doing homework jks dont do homework tbh

but, when im learning a new topic/exercise
i do a handful of the basic questions just to get the idea
then i do the hard looking ones in the development section
and all the ones in the challenge section

i chekc as i go, so if I get anything wrong, I spend longer than usual in whatever section I was in

friedzilla

HSC
Hey guys,
Thanks for the feedback!! Instead of me spending hours and hours finishing one exercise (doing every single question), instead,I applied your suggestions and it turned out, wonderful!
I am doing extension 2 math, and today I managed to breeze through some of the topics that I needed to cover (2unit) and went through an entire topic of 2unit in about 3 hours!!! From there it gave me more productivity for me to focus on 3unit and 4 unit topics. Previously, I couldn't study for the higher mathematics because I wasn't studying efficiently(doing every single question for one exercise) by the end of that 3-5 hour ordeal, my day was over and I was unable to use that time to study for extension 2, let alone 2 unit.
I'd like to apologise for the late reply , I didn't expect to receive and immediate response. Again, thanks for your help and responses.
I know, it seems like I've discovered a miracle, but I have, amen my brothers and sisters, I'm going to get that 99 atar.

Kind regards,
Your juan and only friedzilla.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Hey guys,
Thanks for the feedback!! Instead of me spending hours and hours finishing one exercise (doing every single question), instead,I applied your suggestions and it turned out, wonderful!
I am doing extension 2 math, and today I managed to breeze through some of the topics that I needed to cover (2unit) and went through an entire topic of 2unit in about 3 hours!!! From there it gave me more productivity for me to focus on 3unit and 4 unit topics. Previously, I couldn't study for the higher mathematics because I wasn't studying efficiently(doing every single question for one exercise) by the end of that 3-5 hour ordeal, my day was over and I was unable to use that time to study for extension 2, let alone 2 unit.
I'd like to apologise for the late reply , I didn't expect to receive and immediate response. Again, thanks for your help and responses.
I know, it seems like I've discovered a miracle, but I have, amen my brothers and sisters, I'm going to get that 99 atar.

Kind regards,
Your juan and only friedzilla.
Also keep in mind that after you've gotten the hang of it and done a few hard questions from the book, past papers >>>>>> everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)