math exam rules (1 Viewer)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
"One question per booklet"
What happens if we write more than question on one booklet? does it still get marked? do we get marks deducted?

grimreaper

HSC
I've heard of it happening a few years ago and the person lost marks... not 100% sure if thats still what happens tho

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
chucknthem said:
What happens if we write more than question on one booklet? does it still get marked? do we get marks deducted?

so long as you note it on the front of the booklet that there are two questions in this booklet, there should be no problem, otherwise it's best if you email the lecturer and ask him.
I answered most of my paper (4/5 questions i think) inside the one booklet, seemed fine. (Though i did write ont he front "i answered q 1 2 3 4 in this booklet))

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
I did write Q2 and 3 on the front, so I hope it's ok, otherwise there goes 20% of my grade:burn:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Another stunning one liner folks. I can't wait till this guy goes VTech and shoots up a bunch of people.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
chucknthem said:
Is the rule really that difficult to follow?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Stop hijacking my thread! :(

Dumsum said:
Is the rule really that difficult to follow?
I almost didn't even look at the question numbers during the test, I guess I was in the zone. Plus, getting used to doing past papers without stopping after each question doesn't help either.:rofl:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
There aren't any real consequences. I know someone who did it in first year mathematics - MATH1031 if this is what you're talking about :) Wrote 3 questions in one book to only realise the rules by the 4th book.

It happens all the time with first years, as University rules are abit different or...similar or whatever to HSC, so don't worry! :) Worry about your next exam if you have one.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
thx rekkesu. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about (different math though :p), I'm gonna try not to worry about this until my exams are over. :santa:

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
In MATH2240 exam today there were no instructions to start each question in a new booklet, and initially they only gave us two. So I did 2 questions in each (there were 4 in total), then at the end of the exam I realised I had two blank booklets sitting on my desk :| they must have gone around and gave them out during the exam but I just didn't notice... at least I know I concentrate properly :p anyway it was all good.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
just hope u can blame it on the examiners

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though you never really know (unless you receive a fail) whether this math exam rule is enforced, since you never lay your eyes on your exam papers ever again.

You only get your marks. Oh might I add, all mathematic exam marks are released a couple days sometimes a week before the official Examination Results release. So...that should lighten any bad news :p

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Though you never really know (unless you receive a fail) whether this math exam rule is enforced, since you never lay your eyes on your exam papers ever again.

You only get your marks. Oh might I add, all mathematic exam marks are released a couple days sometimes a week before the official Examination Results release. So...that should lighten any bad news :p
foi application

im pretty sure they're duty bound to release it

downside: costs money

Raginsheep

HSC
Rekkusu said:

Don't you mean prolong the misery?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)