math in commerce? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey peeps just wanted to ask anyone doing a commerce/business degree or anything similar if they did complex maths.

also, i have not done maths for the hsc and am scared of not being able to enter into such a degree and would not be willing to do a bridging course.

sorry to be annoying with the countless threads, i have deleted the recent ones as i am only seeking help with this issue.

please provide any info/advice you can.
thanks.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. The complexity of the level of mathematics required would depend on your major.
2. Certain universities have mathematics as compulsory so you need to be aware of this.
3. 5.2 mathematics will suffice for most business majors from what I have come across. Classes that require mathematics knowledge in earlier years, such as introductory finance often have pass/pal study groups that are designed to help individuals who may struggle with the concept. Lecturers/Tutors may also be willing and able to help you if you are experiencing difficulties.

HSC
1. The complexity of the level of mathematics required would depend on your major.
2. Certain universities have mathematics as compulsory so you need to be aware of this.
3. 5.2 mathematics will suffice for most business majors from what I have come across. Classes that require mathematics knowledge in earlier years, such as introductory finance often have pass/pal study groups that are designed to help individuals who may struggle with the concept. Lecturers/Tutors may also be willing and able to help you if you are experiencing difficulties.
thankyou so much. just to clarify, do you know if UOW offers maths bridging courses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)