• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

math1001: differential calculus (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
Can't it all go on one form, which goes to the Student Centre, and then you distribute copies to the departments who need them? That was the procedure when I was a UGrad (a while ago, admittedly, but anyway...)
The Special Consideration procedures pack states that you have to lodge the amount of forms corresponding to how many assessments you missed. You gotta go to the Science Information place at the Science department.. blah blah blah.

Winston

HSC
man for 3ii, is it only suppose to be the Pi/2 and Pi/4 shaded in between those, and the >= -1 is just there to trick you?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
The Special Consideration procedures pack states that you have to lodge the amount of forms corresponding to how many assessments you missed. You gotta go to the Science Information place at the Science department.. blah blah blah.
Just don't be sick, it's alot easier that way.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Just don't be sick, it's alot easier that way.
With fantastic advice like that, who needs Special Consideration forms.

Wyvern

HSC
Originally posted by Adam

Is 2)i) 3 - 3(root)3(/root)i ?

Is 2)b)iii) (root)8+4(root)3(/root)(/root)cis(pie/4) ?

I don't have the assignment with me as a friend borrowed it to check answers *cough* lol
but I am pretty sure both of those answers simplified to something far simpler then that.

How on earth do you do 3)b) ??
Convert it to polar form then finding the cube root is real easy (notes have a whole section)
since its a cube root there should be 3 solutions

Collin

HSC
N/A
I don't have the assignment with me as a friend borrowed it to check answers *cough* lol
but I am pretty sure both of those answers simplified to something far simpler then that.
Can I borrow it too to check my answers?

PS, disregard the thread about how I haven't started yet. :D

Wyvern

HSC
Can I borrow it too to check my answers?
You have been placed in the queue........only 73 people ahead of you

Collin

HSC
N/A
If I give you a free donut, will you make me concessions on the queue?

.. .........................

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Sounds like they've 'streamlined' the system by adding a few extra pieces of paper...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
man for 3ii, is it only suppose to be the Pi/2 and Pi/4 shaded in between those, and the >= -1 is just there to trick you?
yeah that question is a bit suss man.. me and my mates all had the same thing down on paper, but umm, we're not... sure...

Carlito

HSC
Everyone ive asked so far has a different damn answer.

So far ive only compared answers with 2 other people for Q's 1 and 2... and we all had diff answers for these: 1(a)ii, 1(a)iv, 1(b)iii, 1(b)iv

and i have no idea how to do 3ii or 3iii

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
well im officially finished the maths assignment and compared answers with 3 others and we pretty much got all the same answers

- though all our factorising and everything kinda differed, but its the same thing

the graphs are annoying... one of the graphs got me feeling a lil suss...

Wyvern

HSC
Originally posted by Adam
Please help!!

3b, how on earth do you do it. Somebody??
I already told you, you convert -1+i into polar form. Then you cube root it (cube rooting a poal complex number is simple and straight from the notes). That will be your first solution.

To get the other solution you add (2*PI)/3 to the angle and then again to get the third solution. Its straight from the notes man.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wyvern
I already told you, you convert -1+i into polar form. Then you cube root it (cube rooting a poal complex number is simple and straight from the notes). That will be your first solution.

To get the other solution you add (2*PI)/3 to the angle and then again to get the third solution. Its straight from the notes man.
That's for question THREE? Man, that sounds pretty damn easy compared to the advanced paper. The advanced one is giving me the shits. :(

Wyvern

HSC
That's for question THREE? Man, that sounds pretty damn easy compared to the advanced paper. The advanced one is giving me the shits. :(
I bet our last question is easier then your question 1, ah the bliss of non advanced subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)