MATH1002 SAMPLE QUIZ!! WORKING OUT NEEDED (1 Viewer)

LookingAtYOU

HSC
Hey guys!

Can you guys help me get full working out to these questions?
I'm having some difficulty with them ;'(
Pls Help!

REP WILL BE REWARDED!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Which questions were you having trouble with exactly?

Also, it is best for you to tell us why you're confused so we can help fix that too. If we just blindly throw answers at you, you won't learn much at all.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Any in particular you find hard? They all looks fairly basic/standard to me.

LookingAtYOU

HSC
Can you do them all and 'show working' too? I would appreciate that greatly guys!

zxreth

HSC
no one's gonna upload all the solutions for you. I've finished that sample one so if you have any questions in particular i can help you with it.

jet

Banned
HSC
If you actually read the instructions, there is a list of tutorial questions related to the quiz. If you know how to do the questions, then the quiz should be simpler.

You're not going to learn much if we just give you the solutions, so you're better off attempting it, looking at which ones you get wrong, and then asking us for help from there.

B0mberman

HSC
LOL! the quiz is this week...you better just do the exercises or ask your classmates/tutorial

zxreth

HSC
i heard that the actual quiz will have the same questions as the sample quiz just with different numbers/expressions. Can anyone validate this?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that the actual quiz will have the same questions as the sample quiz just with different numbers/expressions. Can anyone validate this?
Sounds about right from memory.

zxreth

HSC
Sounds about right from memory.
what's the point in telling us which tutorial questions to practice then? what's the point in practicing altogether? why not just know how to do the sample quiz questions only? I didn't do this, but im curious.

HSC
N/A
what's the point in telling us which tutorial questions to practice then? what's the point in practicing altogether? why not just know how to do the sample quiz questions only? I didn't do this, but im curious.
You obviously don't understand how university works. University is not meant to be about tricking you and giving you crap marks (although I have unfortunately had two lecturers like that like to screw with the class when it came to exams. I just had an exam yesterday and it was quite difficult and the lecturer actually set it in such a way that he knew no one would be able to complete it and everyone would be rushing. He outright said at the start of the exam that no one would be able to finish :|. God knows how many marks I lost from little mistakes in the rush of the moment).

Universities want you to do well (it also shows good for them if you do well). A lot of the time there are key concepts that a subject is meant to teach you. They are more interested in seeing that you know the key concepts rather than knowing EVERYTHING. That is why some classes will give you test questions in advanced. It is meant to make you push yourself to learn them because there are easy marks up for offer. It is also why most lecturers will give out hints for the final exams in the last lecture of the semester.

They just want to reward the people that are at least doing some work with some easy marks.

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
You obviously don't understand how university works. University is not meant to be about tricking you and giving you crap marks (although I have unfortunately had two lecturers like that like to screw with the class when it came to exams. I just had an exam yesterday and it was quite difficult and the lecturer actually set it in such a way that he knew no one would be able to complete it and everyone would be rushing. He outright said at the start of the exam that no one would be able to finish :|. God knows how many marks I lost from little mistakes in the rush of the moment).

Universities want you to do well (it also shows good for them if you do well). A lot of the time there are key concepts that a subject is meant to teach you. They are more interested in seeing that you know the key concepts rather than knowing EVERYTHING. That is why some classes will give you test questions in advanced. It is meant to make you push yourself to learn them because there are easy marks up for offer. It is also why most lecturers will give out hints for the final exams in the last lecture of the semester.

They just want to reward the people that are at least doing some work with some easy marks.
Ok yeah, i see where you're coming from. But i'm just wondering if the questions will be exact then why did they list a bunch of questions to pay "particular attention" to on the front of the sample paper?

jet

Banned
HSC
No, it's not entirely true. The sample questions are just that - samples. It's not a good test of student ability if you can get full marks just by reading the solutions to the sample. They're an example of what the questions will be like in terms of difficulty and length, but they won't just be identical with different numbers.

The University is actually pushing towards something called standards-based assessment (rather than what is currently reference-based I think) where someone who turns up and participates minimally should be able to get a pass when they do the exam, not after scaling etc. The tests will usually be a mix of easier calculations and some harder questions which require a bit of logical reasoning.

LookingAtYOU

HSC
could someone show me how to do Q.7 pls? (As in full working out) It is really buggin me!!
thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)