jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i got 18/20, only coz i had no idea what binomial distribution meant
the other mark i lost was a silly mistake

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Oh wow! Had no idea about the existence of this thread.

I'm in 1041. I hate 1041. The Diana woman talks too fast, and too much. If you mentally block out every second word coming out of her mouth, she becomes marginally bearable.

I've just recently made a conscious decision to attend no more 1041 lectures. Will still be at labs and tutes but it's actually more time-efficient to sit and read the textbook than what I usually end up doing in lecs.

On the plus side, I've become much better at Cryptic Crosswords =)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Diana is a pretty good lecturer if you sit down the front, and listen carefully to what she's saying and actually do what she says to do (like with the examples).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Diana is alright i suppose, but some of the stuff is so boring and straight forward that i just do other stuff instead like read the newspaper or do sudoku.
i guess you can do extremely well if you dont attend lectures and just read the textbook but i feel guilty if i just jig for no apparent reason

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I despise sudoku. I much prefer the one where there are 9 letters, and you've got to make words out of those 9 letters using the middle letter.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So...how did everyone go. Considering how little time I had to prepare, I think I did mediocre. I'm not thinking I got anything over 15/20 this time though.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah 2nd lab test was pretyt straight forward
learnt the hypothesis testing last night.....wasnt too bad
hoping for another high mark barring major errors
18-20

G

Gavvvvvin

yeah it was pretty easy considering I havent been to a lecture in weeks and only studied half an hour ebfore the exam. expect at least 16...I forgot to answer one questions and I think i made a silly mistake in another.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hm, it deceivably sounds like its quite easy... :eek: from what I'm gathering from everyone around here...

G

Gavvvvvin

Its exactly the same as the sample test but with different numbers. And a regression question thrown in.

Rekkusu

HSC
Whoa ok, weird, that's exactly what happened with this year's Class Test 1A, it was like almost the same as 2005's one, or whichever one it was in our blue book.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
when do you have yours rex?
damn calss test is now upon us...its in 2 weeks *sigh*

Rekkusu

HSC
Mine was today! But yeah Gavin was right, it was exactly the same as the sample test, just needed to add a correlation at the end.

I am so not looking forward to the class test though, why can't they have open-book!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So you guys will pass all these hints around about maths tests to each other, but you won't give me info about bio pretests? Bah!

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
The hardest one i have encountered when I was in UNSW are:

Math1081 Descrete math

Math 2400 Finite math

Math2520 Complex analysis

The relatively easier ones are:

Maths 1131 1A

Maths 1231 1B

Maths 2510 Real Analysis

Maths 2859 Statistic&Information

I think Math 1041 would be something like HSC 3unith maths:rofl:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You there, math fellows. Simple question which I can't find the answer to (not being the owner of a text book and such). I know I had this written down somewhere but can't find it now. When is it acceptable to use a pooled t-test with hypothesis tests? Any ideas?

Edit: In the lecture notes I just found, it claims that if s1/s2 ~=1, it can be used. Does that sound right?

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i heard that theyre not gonna ask the t-statistic for 2 samples or something like that

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
its on web ct
look under the exam structure or something...should be there
id rather the t stats than anova and chi squared test...3 more days and i still havent even started studying for that
meh

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)