How do i convert from parametric vector form to cartesian form for a plane

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
How do i convert from parametric vector form to cartesian form for a plane
pre sure the conventional way is

the eq of plane is given by
l = a + tu + mv where t,m are scalars and u,a,v are vectors

Find the normal of the plane by cross producting the direction vectors so n = u x v in this case
Apply the formula,
n * (x-a) = 0 (where n is the normal, x is (x,y,z) \in R3 and a is the vector and * means dot product)
and then expand and get your cartesian equation

cbf latexing sorry

Voolgdognng

HSC
pre sure the conventional way is

the eq of plane is given by
l = a + tu + mv where t,m are scalars and u,a,v are vectors

Find the normal of the plane by cross producting the direction vectors so n = u x v in this case
Apply the formula,
n * (x-a) = 0 (where n is the normal, x is (x,y,z) \in R3 and a is the vector and * means dot product)
and then expand and get your cartesian equation

cbf latexing sorry
thanks, understood it now

Luukas.2

HSC
View attachment 42646

How would you go about doing this
(a) is bounded above but not below as its a negative cubic, and so the region above will be or .

(b) must be bounded below as . It's also bounded above as

(c) must be bounded below as the sum is always at least 1 and it increases without bound, so there must be a largest for which the sum is under 10.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Does anyone know how to do part 3 and 4?

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 2.04.08 am.png

chigurh07

HSC
Does anyone know how to do part 3 and 4?

View attachment 42690
I think you can do polynomial long division for both and keep continuing the dividing process until you have a constant in the quotient, then whatever the quotient is is your answer. So for part 3 I think it would be 4*x-9 then for part 4 you could multiply the numerator by a constant to make the division process easier then you should end up with a linear expression as the quotient after dividing, then divide the quotient by the constant you multiplied the numerator by to get the final answer

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
thanks, but im confused with the 'Big O' and 'Little o' stuff

why would 16/(x+1) be O(1/x). and what does the 1/x even mean? would it be different if it was O(x)

liamkk112

HSC
thanks, but im confused with the 'Big O' and 'Little o' stuff

why would 16/(x+1) be O(1/x). and what does the 1/x even mean? would it be different if it was O(x)
dfn of O(f(x)): a function g(x) is O(f(x)) if there exists constants m and k such that for all x >=k, |g(x)|<= m|f(x)|

essentially, it means that the growth of f(x) is greater than (or equal to) the growth of g(x). clearly 16/(x+1) is O(1/x) because their growth rates are the same (or, you can find constants m and k such that the definition is satisfied, in this case k could be any number and m would be 16). similarly you can find that the result in iv) after doing long division is O(1/x).

keep in mind that g(x) being O(f(x)) just means that f(x) is an upper bound on the function. so for example, if g(x) was O(x), then it is clearly O(x^2), because x^2 grows at a greater rate than x. similarly this can be extended so if g(x) is O(x) then it is O(x^3) and so on

liamkk112

HSC
Does anyone know what to do??
detWM^-1
=det(-4MM^tM^-1)
=16det(M)det(M^t)det(M^-1)
=16det(MM^-1)det(M)
=16det(I)*33
=528 ?

keep in mind that det(kA) = k^2 det(A), you can check this for a 2x2 or 3x3 matrix if u like. i think that’s where the mistake is coming from

HSC
keep in mind that det(kA) = k^2 det(A), you can check this for a 2x2 or 3x3 matrix if u like. i think that’s where the mistake is coming from
shouldnt it be k^8 det(A) as when a row/column is multiplied by a scalar k then det(A) increases by a factor of k? so since its an 8x8 matrix it would be k^8?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)