Math2065 vs math2068 (1 Viewer)

kimjuliana

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm deciding between math2065 and math2068 for next semester. Math2065 looks more interesting to me as I like applied mathematics more. However my degree recommends I do math2068/math2988. I can do both, but I can only do one of the units next semester. Which should I choose next semester?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Do MATH2068. If it's relevant to your degree then the sooner you have that knowledge, the better. MATH2065 can always be done later on if you have the time, and it is also offered at Summer School as well.

Also, next semester MATH2065 has 8am lectures Monday-Thursday if that helps make your decision any easier haha. I'm majoring in Maths so I have no choice in the matter, but you might be able to pick and choose what you prefer.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Do MATH2068. If it's relevant to your degree then the sooner you have that knowledge, the better. MATH2065 can always be done later on if you have the time, and it is also offered at Summer School as well.

Also, next semester MATH2065 has 8am lectures Monday-Thursday if that helps make your decision any easier haha. I'm majoring in Maths so I have no choice in the matter, but you might be able to pick and choose what you prefer.
Do 2965 and have much later lecture times :p

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Do 2965 and have much later lecture times :p
Early mornings actually work better for me with my work commitments, though I understand it might be a turn off for some haha.

I'm just looking at normal stream units now to maximise my final WAM. Only thing I'm not too happy about is missing out on having Cresswell as a lecturer :(.

antheung

HSC
N/A

It seems that MATH2065 always has 8am lectures in semester 2 :mad2:
Last year, starting from week 3 or so, fewer and fewer people turned up until the last week of lectures (for revision/hints for the exam) :tongue:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yes well I'm hoping I can keep my attendance consistent haha.

Were the lectures recorded when you did it?

antheung

HSC
N/A
Yes well I'm hoping I can keep my attendance consistent haha.

Were the lectures recorded when you did it?
No they weren't. But things might change because the lecturer left already so somebody else will be teaching MATH2065 :tongue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)