MATH2240 - Anyone done it? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey all, ive basically enrolled in Introduction to Oceanography and Meteorology because it looked semi-decent (and also filled a 3 hour gap i had on thursdays :p) Doing it means im overloading (27 uoc). Just wondering from anyone that has done it how demanding it is/how large is the workload. Its just 2 hours of lectures a week so im thinking the workload wont be a great deal?

Thanks!

Affinity

HSC
acmilan said:
Its just 2 hours of lectures a week so im thinking the workload wont be a great deal?Thanks!
try MATH2130

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Oh dont get me wrong, i know having 2 hour lectures doesnt mean its a small workload. All the usyd first year maths were 3 uoc and 2 hours of lectures and the workload was a fair bit.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
try MATH2130
Yeah that subject had more work than other 6uoc math subjects like stats. But it was pretty challenging...and interesting

Do math2520 complex analysis - that is probably more useful for a pure maths major. You'll probably also enjoy it more if you have ian doust as lecturer.

math2240 is considered to be quite hard by sengers - but most maths people don't waste their time doing that. They probably would do the 6uoc higher subejcts on numebr theory and algebra.

according to my friend, that oceanography course is crap. but if u come first, there is a prize :D

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The main reason im doing it:

last year at usyd i only did 45 uoc, thus im 3 uoc short. So this semester im doing 27 to make up for it, math2240 being the extra 3 uoc. Im also taking math2111, 2901, 2601 and 1081 this year. I have to do complex analysis since its a core, but i want to do the higher version, so im leaving complex analysis and math2130 for next year together to combine to 6 uoc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)