Mathematics 2U, 3U, 4U textbooks (1 Viewer)

Flambeau

HSC
Hello all, I am in yr9, I wanted to start going through 2U, 3U, and 4U textbooks and teach myself to get ahead, can everyone please post what the title of the book your class is using to learn from?

I looked through: Fitzpatrick 2u, Cambridge 2u, Conceptual Development: Maths In Focus, Coroneos, Cambridge 3u, Fitzpatrick 3u, Essentials of Mathematics, book 2, Terry Lee Advanced Mathematics, Cambridge 4u, Fitzpatrick 4u, Excel etc... from the "A Comparison of Textbooks" thread.

The problem I had with the above is that they don't teach the content, and they are more like extra-curricular.

If you can help me figure out what to buy or source please post below:

Title:
Publisher:
Date:

Flambeau

HSC
Nah mate, I just need the right textbook and I'll be right.

carrotsss

HSC
Cambridge, Cambridge and Cambridge

make sure it’s the new syllabus ones, they’re much better than the old ones

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
most textbooks aren't good at teaching, cause you learn through practice, particularly for 3u and 4u.
i agree with @its_ace21, you should start off with some videos. if you want, you can compliment this with a textbook to practice questions. Cambridge is fine for that.

carrotsss

HSC
yeah agreed

none of the textbooks for any subject are particularly good/efficient at explaining content compared to videos imo, I personally used mcgrathematics for 4u and just read a small one-page summary and then did past hsc questions for 3u, both worked well

carrotsss

HSC
thats so dumb why would schools use it then
i literally have no clue

my school uses it despite both advanced teachers very openly hating it and repeatedly asking the department to change the set textbook, and so neither of them even use the textbooks (and the other teacher just posted pirated Cambridge on their classroom lol)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
our school only uses maths in focus for adv, and generally get a bunch of high 90s. then when we switch to cambridge for ext 1 and 2, we generally don't do as well, but thats probs cause we have other subject to focus on rather than just 1 or 2 subjects accelerated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)