• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (24 Viewers)

nonya2000

HSC
yea I think every year people say that their test was harder 😭 because its the first time people are doing a test in proper exam conditions
No the from question 26 and before, those were like the last year questions. We never even learnt the identity if cos(ax+b) = cos(c) ax+b = c. I don't even think that's in the syllabus. Unless we were suppose to change cos into sin.

shoulfer

HSC
No the from question 26 and before, those were like the last year questions. We never even learnt the identity if cos(ax+b) = cos(c) ax+b = c. I don't even think that's in the syllabus
I don't think that's an identity bro, and that question was just a normal trig modelling question, I've seen stuff exactly like that before.

nonya2000

HSC
I was thinking about doing that but it wouldn't really do anything if anything it would just make it more complicated
I think you could have gotten a tan since you have another cos then you could have solved it normally

aqwerty13402

HSC
I seriously doubt it
do u reckon like raw 75 --> 90? thats my prediction. Maybe a bit higher of a raw mark for b6, honestly.

I still don't know HOW much harder it was than 2023 - i think a lot of the hardness is bc we sat it in exam conditions

GL783

HSC
guys what scaled mark do u think 79-81 can get? I think I'm done for.

shoulfer

HSC
do u reckon like raw 75 --> 90? thats my prediction. Maybe a bit higher of a raw mark for b6, honestly.

I still don't know HOW much harder it was than 2023 - i think a lot of the hardness is bc we sat it in exam conditions
I think 75 -> 90 scaling is pretty realistic, a lot of the difficulty comes from the proper exam conditions so we overestimate the test but I reckon it was not too much harder than 2023 in fairness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 12)