• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

PRIAPUS

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, who even cares? Maths Advanced is probably gonna be a joke this year. Like, it’s not like anyone actually needs to study for it. I’m sure they’ll just hand out high marks to everyone because, you know, it's sooo difficult. Might as well not even bother opening the textbook. Honest to god maths advanced is so jeepin easy i could do it in my goddamn sleep

nonya2000

HSC
Honestly, who even cares? Maths Advanced is probably gonna be a joke this year. Like, it’s not like anyone actually needs to study for it. I’m sure they’ll just hand out high marks to everyone because, you know, it's sooo difficult. Might as well not even bother opening the textbook. Honest to god maths advanced is so jeepin easy i could do it in my goddamn sleep
yeah its easy but you can easily make simple mistakes, cause they are still harder than standard questions.

C_master

HSC
just realised this is advanced
yeah u should be able to finish 1 hour early coz 2u is just memorising the question types basically

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
Yeah exactly, its piss easy except finance

Ethan Pham

HSC
What inequality did you get wrong?
It was the very last question of the hsc paper last year, i forgot to account for the fact that the inside of the quadratic could not be negative, which just goes to show that you will probably lose more marks from silly mistakes than actually marks from questions you can't do, so for anyone reading this, my advice is to take the exam super slow instead of going super fast and having like an hour left (contrary to suggestions by other people in this thread)

DrRandomGuy

HSC
as someone who state ranked last year as an accelerant last year, i think the hardest topic is definitely algebra, especially inequalities for that cost me my #1 state rank :C
I second this, but i also think it is Important to be careful with multiple choice. For example, a 6/10 in MCQ for ext 1 could easily drag a rank 1 down to a rank 5 despite performing well in later sections.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
It was the very last question of the hsc paper last year, i forgot to account for the fact that the inside of the quadratic could not be negative, which just goes to show that you will probably lose more marks from silly mistakes than actually marks from questions you can't do, so for anyone reading this, my advice is to take the exam super slow instead of going super fast and having like an hour left (contrary to suggestions by other people in this thread)
isn’t doing it fast (or more, not slow) a good thing, because then you get heaps of time to make sure you didn’t make any silly mistakes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)