Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

Arrowshaft

HSC
Guys I was wondering for Q14b part iii, I proved f(x1) is negative and f(x2) is positive therefore alpha is between x1 and x2, but I forgot to prove x2 is greater than x1. However I remember in part i I explained that alpha has to be greater than k (which is x1), so could it still count?
Yeah thats what I did, i think as long as you stated the usual stuff like f(x) is continuous over the interval and there is a sign change you’re good. I think it is fine because they already provided the range that alpha lies between the two values, so you just have to show the sign change.

Time&moretime

HSC
Could someone put me out of my misery & tell me if my internal mark is 80 and my HSC mark is around 80 (either 55 or 56 out of 70), what would my HSC mark be? What does it scale to? In need of opinion urgently, thanking you ahead for any thoughts.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Could someone put me out of my misery & tell me if my internal mark is 80 and my HSC mark is around 80 (either 55 or 56 out of 70), what would my HSC mark be? What does it scale to? In need of opinion urgently, thanking you ahead for any thoughts.
What’s your internal rank at school, if you’re not first by how much (%) is rank 1 beating you by, and your school ranking?

ruthvik

HSC
How do you think our test compares in difficulty to those of previous years, cuz I thought last yrs exam was apparently hard but 80 raw was needed for an E4.
71 raw would get you a 90 in that exam

Jig

HSC
How much marks do u guys reckon you'd lose for having k=5 for that question, for some reason i didn't realise the question said x^k and x^(k+1) and rather just saw k and k+1 and did the whole procedure correctly, but with the wrong terms or whatever lol.

Arrowshaft

HSC
How much marks do u guys reckon you'd lose for having k=5 for that question, for some reason i didn't realise the question said x^k and x^(k+1) and rather just saw k and k+1 and did the whole procedure correctly, but with the wrong terms or whatever lol.
Maybe you’ll get 2/3 because even though it was wrong, you still continued through and found the result if it WERE what the question asked

• Love
Reactions: Jig

Arrowshaft

HSC
How many marks you guys reckon I’d lose for accidentally finding the primitive of the integral to be tan inverse instead of log, but still continued through to evaluate it?

luckystrike826

HSC
How many marks you guys reckon I’d lose for accidentally finding the primitive of the integral to be tan inverse instead of log, but still continued through to evaluate it?
probably 2? my teacher says error carried forward doesn't work this way because you've changed the nature of the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)