Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

psmao

HSC
But the expression wasn’t a binomial coefficient, it also included powers of 2 and x
i got 14 for the binomial one LOL maybe i made an arithmetic mistake
the trap are
1) for the temperature question, its asking the rate of change ie. dT/dt not T lol
2) the motion question, its asking the first time when "speed" reaches half of the maximum "speed" so you gotta consider both positive and negative.
3) i think there are more but atm i cant recall anything at the top of my head.

Arrowshaft

HSC
the trap are
1) for the temperature question, its asking the rate of change ie. dT/dt not T lol
2) the motion question, its asking the first time when "speed" reaches half of the maximum "speed" so you gotta consider both positive and negative.
Woops i meant 14, i was thinking about 15 becase of the k+1 term haha, we good i think

Arrowshaft

HSC
the trap are
yep I noticed the dT/dt don’t think it was a trap though as it was pretty obvious, maybe just a bit unconventional 🤷‍♂️

yeah and for the max speed I worked out both positive and negative velocities and compared the two to see which one was shorter, agreed that was a bit of a trap

psmao

HSC
Yep i noticed the dT/dy

yep I noticed the dT/dt don’t think it was a trap though as it was pretty obvious, maybe just a bit unconventional 🤷‍♂️

yeah and for the max speed I worked out both positive and negative velocities and compared the two to see which one was shorter, agreed that was a bit of a trap
maybe coz i have a "inertia" of finding T usually LOL

TeheeCat

HSC
Predictions for E4 cutoff?

I admit this paper was more doable than previous years. However, I definitely didnt perform the best I could today. :( I'm sad because i prepared hard for 3U for the past 2 years too...

Arrowshaft

HSC
OH NOOOO RIPPPP, I found the x coord of where the projectile landed on the ramp not the distance NOOOO

Arrowshaft

HSC
Predictions for E4 cutoff?

I admit this paper was more doable than previous years. However, I definitely didnt perform the best I could today. :( I'm sad because i prepared hard for 3U for the past 2 years too...
Maybe 74?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)