Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

Arrowshaft

HSC
The way I worked out the inverse was that since the domain for f(x) was x>=-1, the range for f-1(x) was y>=-1, and then solved it from there there graphically

fet

HSC
u people had xy minutes left what the heck I had like 10 seconds left and I still wasn't finished

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Asked this b4 but no one replied - will I get deducted if I expressed alpha in terms of k? I had k in terms of alpha a few lines above. :/

Arrowshaft

HSC
Lol i was thinking - did you spend 70 mins on newton's method? But yeah...i got stuck there too. And it's just some trig manipulation. :( oh well
Yeah I saw someone’s solutions, you find alpha in terms of x0 from the expression in (i) and then sub it into sin(x0)

Arrowshaft

HSC
Asked this b4 but no one replied - will I get deducted if I expressed alpha in terms of k? I had k in terms of alpha a few lines above. :/
Oof, that’ll be a tough one, depends on the marker really; I think probabilistically yes, because it did ask for k in terms of alpha explicitly.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Oof, that’ll be a tough one, depends on the marker really; I think probabilistically yes, because it did ask for k in terms of alpha explicitly.
Hopefully alignment is good this year then. :/

Arrowshaft

HSC
Also do you get your actual paper back if you buy raw marks from nesa and what you got wrong indicated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)