Mathematics Extension 1 HSC thoughts (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't B and C have horizontal asymptotes, so it couldn't be the answer? Because since y can have any value, and also sin(y) ranges from -1 to 1, so dy/dx has to range from 0 to 2
1666576698004.png

I'm pretty sure b? I originally thought D but when I was rechecking my MC i was like YOLO and t-subbed so I changed to b.

1666576785079.png

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Walked out of the exam thinking I completely threw but everyone seems to have find it fairly difficult.
I threw as well don't worry lol. Most of my cohort found it decent/easy which made me a bit worried but apparently people struggled? It wasn't too bad except for 14c) IMO so I'm def losing those marks.

MJRey

HSC
Yeah I got D as well, if you just spam in progressively increasing values of y the gradient results in constantly positive values and D was the only one that exhibited something like that
Yeah, I got D too.

Daedalus13

HSC
Yeah I got D as well, if you just spam in progressively increasing values of y the gradient results in constantly positive values and D was the only one that exhibited something like that
I belive it's B because the constant solutions are asymptotes of a particular solution. So -pi/2 and 3pi/2.

dansk1er

HSC
I forgot about 13d as well ffs, wasnt able to get the result in time

2022graduate

HSC
What were we meant to do for 12a the graph one I just didn’t know what we were asked to do. All I can say is much better than ext 2 but fairly difficult still. I know I messed up 12a tho

sneak11

HSC
OMG I LEGIT SHOULDVE CHECKED ON MY CALC, i feel so fucking stupid rn. Its C most likely ahhh
i dont think it can be cause sin y + 1 has to be positive for all y values hence the gradient needs to be greater than or equal to zero

2022graduate

HSC
just draw the slopes at each P, Q, R ? (i.e. sub in the values (x,y) at each point and then draw a line segment of the gradient at the point)
Oh good I did that, just over complicated it in my head thinking about it. Overall I reckon multiple choice and 14 were horrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)