Mathematics/General (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
hey guys, im really confused right now , currently im doing 2unit maths and i am failing the subject, all yr 11 i did no work at all . now im thinking if i should drop to general maths(its not too late) , but i dont know what to do, even though some people tell me it would be a waste of time if i drop to general because i have to re-do all the work in year11, however i still have to re-do all the work for yr11 2unit as well because i did none of it. Do you think if i start working in class and if i actually do all the exercises i can cope wiht 2unit or am i better off going to general ?
Thanx

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Maybe you should look at the prelim content for General maths? See if you know it/can do it quickly. If so you shouldn't worry about catching up with the HSC course :D

As for 2u, how much effort are you putting into it right now, and what marks are you getting? Think your effort matches up with your marks? If you think you're already working the hardest for it but getting bad results, perhaps you're better off dropping. But if you know you could work harder (without jeopardising your other subjects, of course :p), maybe you should just stay in 2u for a while and see what you can do :)

HSC
in the end, u must make a decision based on what u feel is right

first of all, u should look at both coursres, the content, and the level of difficulty

are u able to tackle all the work that 2 unit provides, will u be able to go well in the subject, or does the general course attract higher marks for u?

ask ur teachers, parents and fellow students for advice, sometimes they know a lot about the level of effort u provide, and how keen u are in regards to certain subjects

anyway, good luck with ur decision and for the hsc

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
i did advanced in year 10 and barely passed and i used to hate it because i was in the top class but i just didnt get anywhere. in year 11 i dropped to general and i loved it because i was topping the class because i finally understood all the work i used to fail. because i found it easy i kept on getting good grades and i for once in ages...liked going to math classes. its up to you to make the decision, but you have to ask which one you would get the better marks in and if you are going to uni....does your course need it. as my math teacher constantly keeps saying, general is becoming more and more competitive because advanced kids are dropping and getting excellent marks.
good luck with your decision :)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I failed my 2 Unit yearly exam for Year 11 and my teacher tried to get me to drop down to General Math's. I decided to stay in 2 Unit because I knew I could do better; my exam result was definitely the result of little effort on my part (I never did my homework and messed around in class). Think about it carefully because once you start General Math's you can never go back to 2 Unit.

I don't really know your situation very well but I was facing a similar dilemma to yours. I would recommend staying in 2 Unit ... if only for the rest of this year. If you're willing to work hard to bring up your marks in 2 Unit and you have the motivation then definitely... stay in 2 Unit. Then again if you can't be bothered... just do General Math's; less stress. Good luck with whatever you choose.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
In year 9 and 10 i did advanced maths, but yeah its really confusing

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I went alright my marks were usually between 76-88

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)