Maths 1101,1111,1121,1131,1141,1151 (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by wogboy
Doesn't mean it'll be easier :p
finite maths, 3 unit only.. sif it'll be harder than discrete :p.

unless what they've been saying about seng workshops are true.. (seng workshops = 3 unit subject with 6 unit workload?)

arrrr

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
finite maths, 3 unit only.. sif it'll be harder than discrete :p.

unless what they've been saying about seng workshops are true.. (seng workshops = 3 unit subject with 6 unit workload?)

arrrr

Not only are the SENG workshops the hardest subject you will do at uni, but Finite is also the hardest maths (really very hard indeed, scary hard)

maniacguy

no, that's a misnomer. there is not more stuff to learn in 1151, it's merely a different emphasis on the subjects there are. (The only difference is a swap of complex numbers and statistics - you do the latter in first semester and the former in second rather than the other way around).

maniacguy

(that was back to the original topic at the start of the thread, incidentally. i'm theoretically not qualified to comment on discrete/finite maths, not having done them, but they look pretty easy anyway. that of course is not really helpful coming from a third year student, but it's a thoughtless and immediate opinion :) )

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Not only are the SENG workshops the hardest subject you will do at uni, but Finite is also the hardest maths (really very hard indeed, scary hard)
whoaa.. seems like you had a very exhausting second semester last year :S. Thinking that 1721ers also had to make compilers..

Argh! i couldn't believe this. Better pre-learn some stuffs beforehand.. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by maniacguy
no, that's a misnomer. there is not more stuff to learn in 1151, it's merely a different emphasis on the subjects there are. (The only difference is a swap of complex numbers and statistics - you do the latter in first semester and the former in second rather than the other way around).
Really? I am doing both the 1141 and 1151 past papers for preparation for the exam next week, and i still think that 1151 papers are definitely much harder.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah 1151 is teh bomb. i'm actually glad i did it tho now.

*starts looking for harimau in lectures:p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
I usually sit in the middleish, 6 or seventh row from the front. Where do you usually sit?
hehe. it depends really

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
Not to worry, Carl told me who you are. We'll meet in the finals or in the next session eventually.
ooh. another stalker? hehe

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
whoaa.. seems like you had a very exhausting second semester last year :S. Thinking that 1721ers also had to make compilers..

Argh! i couldn't believe this. Better pre-learn some stuffs beforehand.. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yes, but not as bad as this session. Making the compiler wasn't as bad as the handwritting recognition software ...

Mill

HSC
haha if it is iwan.

prior students represent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)