• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths 2U 3U and 4U Tutoring in Hurstville & Kogarah region. (1 Viewer)

Vivien Chau

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey members of Bored of Studies.

My name is Vivien C and I recently completed my HSC course and is offering tuition services for year 11 and year 12. I will also be able to help with possibly other years but wish to mainly stay with the senior years.
I offer my services for the following subjects

• Mathematics 2 Unit
  • Mathematics 3 Unit
  • Mathematics 4 Unit
  • Other years too BUT material and questions must be brought in by the student (e.g. textbook…) For this ill charge 20 per hour.
As for my results for this current year, I received

• 93 HSC mark for 4 unit (extension 2 mathematics)
  • 97 HSC mark for 3 unit (extension 1 mathematics)
Starting with the determining factors for many,

Location – Click for map
  • Kogarah library - Map
  • Hurstville Library - Map

Time
Any time the library is open. So basically
  • Hurstville
Opening Hours:
Monday – Friday 9.30 am - 9.00 pm
Saturday 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Sunday 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm

• Kogarah
Opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 9:30am to 7pm
Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Sunday - 10am to 1pm

Materials and Methods of tutoring
  1. Past papers – Will be using these for across the board exams to identify and picking out silly mistakes and as general examination to speed up skill and practice examination methods of working.
  2. Cambridge 2/3/4 Unit – Will be using this, I have experience and worked though this text book twice.
  3. Notes – Material prepared by myself for each of the topics and also other extra material which I have collected over the past two years.
  4. Other – I also have bits and pieces of extra material which proved to be helpful to me
  5. Requested – You may also request for me to work out of a specific textbook or Assist with proving solutions for specific questions.
Tutoring style
  1. I prioritise my student requests for certain questions or topics.
  2. If not then the lesson will follow by an introduction to topic according to the next topic in the textbook used.
  3. Run through questions with students and then present the student with questions to complete under my watch.
  4. I may or may not work with pass papers to assist with familiarity with exam style questions depending on your preferences.
  5. Topic will be concluded with a short examination based on skills used in previous topics and the current topics.

• Homework may be provided by this is optional to do depending on your timetable at school but is recommended to complete.
  • I’m also flexible with other tuition styles that you want to request
Additional services
  • I’ll be able to provide phone and internet help during appropriate hours (9am to 9pm) ß only for the time being as university will commence for me during March
Availability
I’m available currently till the 14th of January 2012
I’ll be back on the 6th of February 2012

Cost and Payment

• 2 and 3 Unit
30 for an hour
45 for 2 hours

• 4 Unit
35 an Hour
50 for two hours

Contacts Details
  1. You may reply here
  2. Email me - vivien.chau@live.com
  3. Facebook mail me - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=526732945 (Don’t add me)

Last edited:

shadow131

HSC
N/A
Highly recommeded. Have commenced tutor with her and she is great.
Very punctual and prepared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)