Maths 2U vs Maths 4U (1 Viewer)

Hezz96

HSC
Hey guys,
currently studying 4U maths but struggling slightly and we are behind in the course (still have mechanics, volumes, harder ext 1 and half of ploys to go).. we have virtually finished the 2u course and i am confident i could get a raw mark of 95 in the 2u exam. I was wondering what raw mark would you want to be getting in 4u to not drop it for a 95 in 2u? Like if i can only manage a 50 in 4u should i drop it or stick with it? Cheers :)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I had the exact problem as you. In my half-yearly fro 4U I got 30/100. I has so upset and dropped it, now I achieved 95+ raw mark in both 2u and ext 1 maths.

You don't have to do 4u maths to get a good Atar, you can even get 99+ with doing just 2u and Ext 1 maths.

If you struggling, then drop it right way becasue it will waste alot of you time doing random questions and getting noway and also losing your 2u mark.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
currently studying 4U maths but struggling slightly and we are behind in the course (still have mechanics, volumes, harder ext 1 and half of ploys to go).. we have virtually finished the 2u course and i am confident i could get a raw mark of 95 in the 2u exam. I was wondering what raw mark would you want to be getting in 4u to not drop it for a 95 in 2u? Like if i can only manage a 50 in 4u should i drop it or stick with it? Cheers :)
I've also got a similar problem, any suggestions people?

kimmiee--x3

HSC
I personally think doing just 2U + 3U and ace it will still score you a high atar because that was what some of my friends did. However, some of them state ranked other subjects like serbian, khmer etc.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Hey guys,
Reasons to do 4U:
1. Prestige- immediately one of the top 3000 mathematicians in your hsc cohort. (Theoretically)
2. The intense (relative to other hsc subjects) learning is going to be an advantage in uni. (Also theoretical)
3. If you can pull a 90+, just under half your atar is 99+ already. (Assuming someone who gets 90+ in 4u does as well in ext1)
4. Don't want to study more than 4 subjects for hsc.

Reasons not to:
1. Scaling; the amount of extra work needed to be put in is not worth it. You could even rank in 2U with less effort than worthwhile 4u achievement takes.

thepurplehammer

HSC
Personally i hated 2 unit. i enjoy 3 unit and am satisfied with my 4 unit. 2 unit seemed so monotonous and i honestly didnt understand what i was doing until i started doing 4 unit and understanding all the formulas and such

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)