maths adv bridging courses?? (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
okay so basically i have a friend who was meant to graduate class of 2022, but in 2021 a lot of personal issues and things happened so they ended up dropping out of school and getting a diploma in social science i believe it was in, and now they're in university doing a bachelor. thing is, the friend wants to transfer to another course in possibly other unis sometime next year, but the courses have maths advanced as assumed knowledge/recommended studies. and the problem here is that because they dropped out in 2021, they haven't done any level of maths since then, and all the bridging courses assume that you've done maths advanced because they're all focused for 3u...

is there any bridging courses out there (either online or f2f) that are able to teach maths adv at this level? or would they have to self-learn maths adv (since it's not a prereq)?? (i'm not sure how this entire bridging course thing works)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Most unis have one, and usyd also has a MOOC to catch up on 2u for their prerequisite https://www.sydney.edu.au/study/how-to-apply/undergraduate/mathematics-prerequisite.html
would those bridging online courses assume that the students could come from little to no background in stage 6 maths (ie. maths standard?), or would they have to catch up on the basic stuff like algebra/eqns/functions/graphs? cos my friend dropped out early in 2021 and wasn't really all that proficient in maths so technically they haven't done any serious studying for maths since year 10

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
would those bridging online courses assume that the students could come from little to no background in stage 6 maths (ie. maths standard?), or would they have to catch up on the basic stuff like algebra/eqns/functions/graphs? cos my friend dropped out early in 2021 and wasn't really all that proficient in maths so technically they haven't done any serious studying for maths since year 10
You should get her to call her desired unis and see if they can find a solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)