Maths Advanced Post Trial Help (1 Viewer)

hello.636

HSC
Help.
I have up until now basically bombed the entire course all the way from prelims. I got a really really bad trial mark of 30/100. For my previous assesments i have bombed most of em. ALSO Back in year 11 I didnt really give much love to the course, so basically I still lack some basic year 11 maths adv required skills.

With the HSC nearing in, what possible ways would you guys suggest for revision, apart from past papers? Do you guys know any good like question bank websites where i can practice hundreds of questions based on the syllabus from year 11 to 12? I know practice papers are good revision, but id like something more easier to revise with, especially since I lack basic knowledge.

Hope i can at least get a 70 in the exam, and i believe i can do it.

Thanks guys

ImagineDragin

HSC
Help.
I have up until now basically bombed the entire course all the way from prelims. I got a really really bad trial mark of 30/100. For my previous assesments i have bombed most of em. ALSO Back in year 11 I didnt really give much love to the course, so basically I still lack some basic year 11 maths adv required skills.

With the HSC nearing in, what possible ways would you guys suggest for revision, apart from past papers? Do you guys know any good like question bank websites where i can practice hundreds of questions based on the syllabus from year 11 to 12? I know practice papers are good revision, but id like something more easier to revise with, especially since I lack basic knowledge.

Thanks guys
It might be useful to grind the chapter review at the end of each chapter of the Cambridge review to figure out what you lack in within the given chapter. Given there's not too much time and you'll likely also need to find time for your other subjects, just do most of the questions within the foundation or developing sections of the chapters that you lack skills in which might hopefully build up your broad math skills

Podfort

HSC
I’d suggest look through the course content in the syllabus sheet (you should be able to find it on the NESA website) and check whether you understand every subtopic. If you don’t, search it up and there should be some good sources all over the web. Alternatively, you can just go through your textbook if you use one.

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Help.

Thanks guys
Given your story, your recent marks, and the little amount of time remaining, your chance of getting 70 or above is not high, but it doesn't mean you can't still improve.

If your basics are bad YOU NEED TO FIX THEM FIRST, math is cumulative so if your basic are bad you'll be messing up constantly, when it comes to math - basics are king. Get a copy of the year 11 book you used (either the pdf or from your library) and start going through the chapter reviews. Once you are comfortable doing all the year 11 textbook chapter reviews, then start attempting 2020-2022 past HSC paper questions.

Most importantly don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much. Limit yourself to only 2-3 hours math per day max and understand that you only have so much time and that your best effort is perfectly ok.

Good luck.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
honestly don't bother with past papers until you at least somewhat understand each topic. doing textbook questions will also help a bit since they start off pretty easy to help you gain an understanding. also annotate the formula sheet and frame it somewhere, a lot of questions simply test your application of concepts and you can snag quite a few marks by just plugging in numbers (especially in calculus!!! which is great considering it makes up a lot of the test!)

i walked into the trial with only the knowledge of complimentary angles and walked out with a score of 51%. definitely not a solid mark but by treating the formula sheet as my bible i did a lot better than i should have done. good luck!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)