Maths Bridging Course or MATH123 (1 Viewer)

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
I only did general maths but the prerequiste for ECON110 is 2-Unit maths or corequisite MATH123. Should I do the bridging course or do MATH123? The bridging course cost $380 which is expensive lol but it only takes 2 weeks instead of a whole semester :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
dritz2003 said:
I only did general maths but the prerequiste for ECON110 is 2-Unit maths or corequisite MATH123. Should I do the bridging course or do MATH123? The bridging course cost $380 which is expensive lol but it only takes 2 weeks instead of a whole semester :)
Well, for an extra $300 you get some (3) credit for your degree program. Up to you really.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Hey i was in the same situation i wanted to do econ110 but i only did general maths

they told me that I HAD TO DO MATH123..... because the bridging course is only there to help you but it's not sufficient enough to pass the co requisite of math123....

so yeah i think you HAVE TO DO MATH123

lol btw .. .math123 is a bitch, i dropped out of it and i came in the top 10% in general maths too so im not that dumb but still dumb coz i thought math123 was hard, to the point where i thought pfft, fuck trying to get into a commerce degree lol

(i'm a maths handicap lol)

so yeah im doing a bba/arts-psyche now...... NO MATHS NEEDED :d

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Yeah I don't really like maths either, that's why I thought I might do the bridging course cos there's no exam or anything.... Yeah I'll probably have to do MATH123 (I'll check) I don't want to do that much maths though :). There can't be THAT much maths in ECON :rolleyes:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
there isnt maths in econ, you need some calculus concepts that will help explain things.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
there isnt maths in econ, you need some calculus concepts that will help explain things.
Yeah I though so, but why is there the 2-unit maths prerequisite it is unfair... I wonder if they would kick me out if I haven't done it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
dritz2003 said:
Yeah I though so, but why is there the 2-unit maths prerequisite it is unfair... I wonder if they would kick me out if I haven't done it
If don't understand a few things from calculus, you will make life very difficult for yourself.

If you haven't met the prereqs they might kick you out after you need the pay the unit fee, so wouldn't risk it.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the 2 unit pre- req is only band 2... which means anything above 50 right??

i'd say just do math123. its easy...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
dritz2003 said:
they won't let you in in the first place... on their computer database, they have people's subjects that they did in the HSC and what score/band they got... so yeahh it's automatic :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
actually you can get offered a spot without having met the pre- requisite.... you will just have to make up that pre-req in first semester......

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
jlh said:
actually you can get offered a spot without having met the pre- requisite.... you will just have to make up that pre-req in first semester......
yeh but thats only if its a co req

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Yeah you guys were right I have to do MATH123 because the bridging course has no exam and so they won't waive the prereq for 2 Unit..... that's different to other unis. Thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)