Maths exercise book setout? (1 Viewer)

lux19

HSC
hey all
Ok, so I have been battling this problem for a long time, but now i decided to do something about it. My maths exercise book is disorganised and cannot be read prior to notes. Ruling up margins and things like that take too much time and by the time I draw that,teachers already started. Do you have any tips on what i can do? Maybe post some pics so I can have a look at your book. Thanks in advance.

beaubrah

HSC
Well I use a grid book and I draw a margin in the middle of each page, because it looks cleaner and it works for me alot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I have no specific set out, I used to rule my pages but that's too time consuming, I simply right my theory and then when I go home do the corresponding exercises. I use a spiral book if that helps :)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Pre rule maybe. I did that for like 50 pages and didn't worry about it for like a month

dim-sims

HSC
I usually just rule a line straight down the middle of the page to form two columns. I used to make sure it was right in the middle but then I kinda just gave up and started just guesstimating where the middle was. Honestly it doesn't have be perfect. As long as you can clearly read your working out it should be fine.

bongoli

HSC
Lol i have 2books. One for teacher's theory and one for the exercises. Generally i'd use a line down the middle; but with questions requiring a lot of space, i kinda let that slide for a bit. You can try buying an already ruled margin book iunno, that might help.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've never used the line down the middle.

In exams, you don't do that, so why do it when you're practising for exams?

Also I write everywhere and disobey any sort of pre-ruled lines so it makes no difference. I may as well write on blank paper.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I've never used the line down the middle.

In exams, you don't do that, so why do it when you're practising for exams?

Also I write everywhere and disobey any sort of pre-ruled lines so it makes no difference. I may as well write on blank paper.
Rebel mate

Smile12345

HSC
You could use a book with margins already ruled...

OR

Loose-leaf lined paper already has margins - After completing a page put it in a plastic sleeve (Have all work for one topic in one sleeve)

Just some suggestions. :)

lux19

HSC
Thanks, yeah I think getting another book and using it for homework will help, thanks. Thankyou for the other suggestions. :D

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Smile12345

HSC
Thanks, yeah I think getting another book and using it for homework will help, thanks. Thankyou for the other suggestions. :D

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk
No worries.... It's worth a try. :D

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I used an actual grid book-I found it particularly useful when I am drawing trigonometry graphs, but it is up to you, it doesn't really matter what type of book you use as long as you set out your questions neatly and in a legible manner. I did divide my pages in half, not to save space, because it was the format I was accustomed to. I would write out the question, write my working out, and ticked or crossed my own work by marking my answers with those of the textbook. And if I got a question wrong, I would re-do it several times until I get it right or I could ask my teacher. When I understood the mathematical concepts, I would then do practice trial papers to consolidate my knowledge.

cjporter97

HSC
The main way I organise my Page is by using different colours and things like boxes around important notes, examples and formulas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)