Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

mithu

HSC
campersdemise said:
Some people dont think they passed? OMG N0000000BBBBBS.lmao easiest paper ever? I thought the CSSA maths 3u was easy but this was a walk in the park!!band 6 ftw. Had you people done 12 hours a day preparation like i did, then maybe you n00blets would of stood a chance. Now you people have failed your future, and possibly your life. How do you people live with yourself?I hope you are happy with yourself and the people you let down.

Are you fucking high? Well, if you practiced 12 hrs a day for a hsc paper, then I guess you better start doing the same for people interactions...coz right now you're the biggest loser on this forum.

PS: Get a life. And HSC doesn't mean shit in the long run so how does it feel to let yourself down for a year...

mithu

HSC
campersdemise said:
Some people dont think they passed? OMG N0000000BBBBBS.lmao easiest paper ever? I thought the CSSA maths 3u was easy but this was a walk in the park!!band 6 ftw. Had you people done 12 hours a day preparation like i did, then maybe you n00blets would of stood a chance. Now you people have failed your future, and possibly your life. How do you people live with yourself?I hope you are happy with yourself and the people you let down.

Are you fucking high? Well, if you practiced 12 hrs a day for a hsc paper, then I guess you better start doing the same for people interactions...coz right now you're the biggest loser on this forum.

PS: Get a life. And HSC doesn't mean shit in the long run so how does it feel to have let yourself down for a year...

mlinger

HSC
Wat did every1 get for the simple harmonic question.. i got x=18cos(2pi/5t) ??? but i wasnt sure???

mojo_rising

HSC
Well im the top 2 unit and ext 1 math kid at my school and i found this test VERY hard. I have done almost every single question from 1984-2005 for HSC and catholic trials and i found that induction and projectile motion question harder than just about any i had seen.
Probably looking at about 70/84 but was hoping for much higher.

andye

HSC
lisraeli said:
Very hard. I think I'll lose about 10-12 marks which sucks because I aws hoping for > 80/84. Lame... needed 20 more mins! damn those people that "need" special provisions...get 20 mins more...
ha - special provisions does not help at all esp wen u only have rest time and not extra working time
that exam was crap but i got the induction - woooo! (its an schievement considering i aim for 50% in this exam)

Samtheman77

HSC
lisraeli said:
Very hard. I think I'll lose about 10-12 marks which sucks because I aws hoping for > 80/84. Lame... needed 20 more mins! damn those people that "need" special provisions...get 20 mins more...
:burn: I would just like to say that you suck and that the majority of us actually do need that extra time. It took me all my extra time to probably eventually get the same mark you did.

ben_ratus

HSC
Good stuff.
the bit of diffculty is good.
it serperates the pro from the SKs.

pavittness

pavitt
HSC
HOLY SHIT! HSC:1 me:0 i winged it nd hoped for the best.. 80s plz xD

its like that guy at pool hall. "its not my fault i cant get it in, it was just a temporary lapse of concerntration coz of the particles oscillating about the ball cause them to move out of the way"

Lizcat

HSC
who ever tops this exam must be a real tech!!... and thats good!
if who ever tops this tops extention 2, then their a REALTECH hehe

pete8989

HSC
Overall the exam was just randomly different, need i say more..........

Can someone please post the exam ...i realli want to c what questions i fucked up lol...Thxs

deenah_ttb

HSC
this was the hardest fucking exam i have ever done.... and i am really good at extension, i came 2nd in my school. i had no idea on question 6, i dont think i'll get a single mark for it. I got come bits of 7... It just really sucks after knowing how many hours i spent studying maths, all those morning lessons.... all for nothing. i can't believe how hard it was. i just wanna cry. Try not to worry bout it though everyone sucked at it too

deenah_ttb

HSC
campersdemise said:
TAKE THAT BACK!
you suck more.
Whats more... i hope you n00bed it. That goes for any possible decendents you may/or may not have. Thats presuming politians let abominable foul creatures (like yourself) breed.

On the other hand, have a nice day.

UAI 100 ftw.

ure a fucking little bitch, show some compassion u asshole.

pesila

HSC
What can I say? This I guess: In my school I'm topping 3 and 4 unit, never below 90% in any assessment for 3u and an average of about 90% for 4u, and that has to be the hardest exam I've ever done for maths in my life! I was trying to ace it at the start, not that I'd been able to ace an HSC exam yet, got pretty close, but I think I'm looking at a maximum of 90% raw if I'm very lucky here. Yeah a lot of people said very long. Completely agree. The extent of algebra for one or two marks was insane! That induction question got me and that doesn't happen, like ever! I figure they decided the drop-dead easy marks for binomial made up for the insanity of the rest of the paper. Who else in 4u thinks their 4u raw percentage is better than their 3u? I'm pretty confident on that!

On a broader note, I've noticed the questions in all subjects are getting more obscure this year. with 3u as an example, 4u had that weird complex ellipse thing which wasn't too bad, just weird. English paper 2 advanced had weird questions about fairly unrelated aspects of the texts. I haven't had a good look at the 2 unit one, but I don't even know what's specifically in the 2 unit course, so I can't judge. What are your thoughts about this?

PS. Relax. People make too big a deal of these exams. I understand the need to study and give it your best, but don't stress yourselves out and don't act like it's the end of the world. If you get bad exams, which most people had here, take the positive approach. It's over, you'll never have to think about it again, so why do it? Peace Out all!

Last edited:

Benmc

HSC
WTF....
I just looked over the exam again...and all the solutions began to come to my head, which didn't come before. Like it just came naturally to me just then. Maybe its cause i'm a night thinker, or i'm not under a time stress limit factor which inhibits my thinking. But i do agree....some of those questions are farking easy......the only problem was the exam was too farking long.

FARK. I could've gained 20 marks, just by knowing how to do the dam question but for some reason at home it comes to me, but when in an exam centre it just doesn't. WTF....

So now instead of 60/84 its a f**king 40/84.

FARK this is shit.

TABismyfuture

HSC
Completely fucked up....

I think it's harder than all the papers from past 15-20 years.

I had a look at the past papers, and they are really easy except q7 needs a bit more attention.

so i didn't prepare for 3u, didn't sleep well, ate too much the night before.

So damn it, hoping for similar results to 4u, est. 80%.

I was certain to get 95+ or even 100, so crap!

TABismyfuture

HSC
well, i had another look at the paper and i think I can solve the one which I left out yesterday. I guess I just had a bad day, shit happens, life goes on.

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
pesila said:
What can I say? This I guess: In my school I'm topping 3 and 4 unit, never below 90% in any assessment for 3u and an average of about 90% for 4u, and that has to be the hardest exam I've ever done for maths in my life! I was trying to ace it at the start, not that I'd been able to ace an HSC exam yet, got pretty close, but I think I'm looking at a maximum of 90% raw if I'm very lucky here. Yeah a lot of people said very long. Completely agree. The extent of algebra for one or two marks was insane! That induction question got me and that doesn't happen, like ever! I figure they decided the drop-dead easy marks for binomial made up for the insanity of the rest of the paper. Who else in 4u thinks their 4u raw percentage is better than their 3u? I'm pretty confident on that!

On a broader note, I've noticed the questions in all subjects are getting more obscure this year. with 3u as an example, 4u had that weird complex ellipse thing which wasn't too bad, just weird. English paper 2 advanced had weird questions about fairly unrelated aspects of the texts. I haven't had a good look at the 2 unit one, but I don't even know what's specifically in the 2 unit course, so I can't judge. What are your thoughts about this?

PS. Relax. People make too big a deal of these exams. I understand the need to study and give it your best, but don't stress yourselves out and don't act like it's the end of the world. If you get bad exams, which most people had here, take the positive approach. It's over, you'll never have to think about it again, so why do it? Peace Out all!

Me :| lol
i thwt 4unit was much better than previous years, however 3unit was extremely difficult. I probly got more marks for the 4unit induction that the 3unit one which is kinda sad.

i thnk they shoodve put the harder trig from the 4unit in the 3unit paper, and q6 into the 4unit paper, becoz thats what the level for me actaully was. Offcourse maybe with another 1 hour i woodve defo been more confident with my asnwers.

anywaiz, whoelse did q1-5 for 2001-2205 in less that an hour and it took them almost 1 and a half hours for q1-5 this year :O :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)