• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 2 Predictions (5 Viewers)

OD6

HSC
we got kids on here stressing over a 97 raw💀 ill be surprised if i get much over 60 raw

MagiicMushroom

HSC
What do you guys think a roughly 80 raw will get scaled to?
based off stats probably 93-96 range. depends on your cohorts performance and how people performed this year in general. website won't let me post links though so just search up "hsc marks database" and click E2 math.

HSC
Idk how you guys went during ur reading time but in my hsc we all looked around each other with fear and disappointing after reading how screwed the questions were. Did you all do the same ?

IAmWood

HSC
a former chief examiner one said that exams should eventually cover all the aspects of the syllabus within the life of the syllabus.

we only have 3 more exams before new syllabus comes into effect, 2024, 2025 and 2026, and i think there may be an aspect not covered well yet, and that is fallacious proofs - like a student did this proof and made mistakes, identify where the mistakes are, or something like that.

so perhaps we may see something like that, if not this year, then 2025 or 2026
There was a question in the exam (Question 14d) that was a fallacious proof of the indefinite integral of 1/x. You were spot on dude.

MagiicMushroom

HSC
so ruse? what raw u reckon u got
who could know? all these people claiming to be getting 99+ either are the greatest 4u students to have ever walked the earth or are horribly overconfident over not getting docked for politics/sillies.

worry about ur own mark bro, i'm sure u did fine if u sit in front row in our class, regardless of who u are.

mystic router

HSC
who could know? all these people claiming to be getting 99+ either are the greatest 4u students to have ever walked the earth or are horribly overconfident over not getting docked for politics/sillies.

worry about ur own mark bro, i'm sure u did fine if u sit in front row in our class, regardless of who u are.
well you know how will always harps on about state ranks

Kiiyu

HSC
i found this exam harder than 2023 imo but evr1 says otherwise
Most of the difficultly in 2023 were with questions that are "non-standard", in a sense which means people who are more prepared would do worse in that exam vs others (also 2023/q15 integral my beloved <3). I looked over the 2024 paper and it definitely looks to be easier than both 2022 and 2023 papers. I can see your angle though - if you don't spend hours and hours grinding, the gimmicky questions which prey on familiarity would be easier. That's just my 2 cents as a 2023 grad though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)