• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 2 Predictions (1 Viewer)

appleali

HSC
what are we thinking for 4u
its been getting harder each year and last years exam was diabolical so im expecting some crazy stuff this year
maybe vector planes probably a calculus inequality proof

thoughts?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
a former chief examiner one said that exams should eventually cover all the aspects of the syllabus within the life of the syllabus.

we only have 3 more exams before new syllabus comes into effect, 2024, 2025 and 2026, and i think there may be an aspect not covered well yet, and that is fallacious proofs - like a student did this proof and made mistakes, identify where the mistakes are, or something like that.

so perhaps we may see something like that, if not this year, then 2025 or 2026

appleali

HSC
a former chief examiner one said that exams should eventually cover all the aspects of the syllabus within the life of the syllabus.

we only have 3 more exams before new syllabus comes into effect, 2024, 2025 and 2026, and i think there may be an aspect not covered well yet, and that is fallacious proofs - like a student did this proof and made mistakes, identify where the mistakes are, or something like that.

this is great thanks

nad1231231

HSC

There was one of these types of questions in one of the year’s multiple choice but it was very easy

WeiWeiMan

HSC
pretty sure they are, i remember them getting taught very shortly though
planes are defo OOS from what I've heard

what are we thinking for 4u
its been getting harder each year and last years exam was diabolical so im expecting some crazy stuff this year
maybe vector planes probably a calculus inequality proof

thoughts?
I reckon 2023-ish difficulty
as long as there's not too much vectors I think it should be alright

ajtho777

HSC

Are there any other questions that haven't been tested in topics like Complex Numbers, Vectors, Integrals, Mechanics, etc. ?

Also could hard questions repeat? Like how 16c of the 2021 HSC had a similar question (16c) in the 2023 HSC?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
maybe some euler form questions which are not just basic ones, but ones which makes the solution much more efficient than would otherwise be the case, and i don't just mean roots of complex numbers, but perhaps a more scaffolded version of this:

17.png
so with eulers's formula we get this

but try without euler's form and it is horrendous

- especially since they are deleting euler's form in new syllabus - might not happen this year since exam was written long before new syllabus came out, but could happen next year or 2026

Last edited:

Allan Mekisic

HSC
In Cambridge, vector planes are an extension topic. Planes are not mentioned explicitly in the extension 2 Syllabus. Vector planes have been examined in past extension 2 trial exams.

Epsilon2184

HSC
My teacher emailed asking about this to the nesa people, they said the Cambridge textbooks are written with outlines of the syllabus but can go out of it from time to time. An example is the ext1 syllabus having moving objects and needing to use newtons second law which is out of the ext1 syllabus although still tested by some schools internally

appleali

HSC
maybe some euler form questions which are not just basic ones, but ones which makes the solution much more efficient than would otherwise be the case, and i don't just mean roots of complex numbers, but perhaps a more scaffolded version of this:

View attachment 44587
so with eulers's formula we get this

but try without euler's form and it is horrendous

- especially since they are deleting euler's form in new syllabus - might not happen this year since exam was written long before new syllabus came out, but could happen next year or 2026
ive done this question where is this from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)