• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (13 Viewers)

C2H6O

HSC
does anyone have tips on managing time during the exam? i always struggle with this and im left with 15-20 mins to complete q14
It’s different for every person, and because it works for me doesn’t mean it’ll work for you, but I like to spend a majority of reading time doing the multi choice. Also allocate 25 min MAX on each question, if you notice you’re about to go over answer as many questions as possible and jot down all your ideas for difficult questions and do the base case + assumption for any induction questions to scrape as many marks and move on. Always try to stay ahead of time without affecting quality. When you’re up to the difficult questions and there’s like less than 30 left and you’re stumped, go back over your paper and answer any easy questions you left, then go back to the hard question which might require some staring and thinking. Repeat every 7 ish min if you’re really stumped to maximise marks in easy sections and mc.

beligol

HSC
nah the answers don't have it unfortunately, just search up 2002 mx1 hsc it's not there
part a is pretty easy u just use general binomial theorem, times both sides by , then differentiate product rule, sub in x=1 u get answer

part 2 use integrate (1-x)^n and the corresponding expansion from x to0, then u integrate it again and answer is 1/(n+2) when u sub in x=1

blackmarker14

HSC
I recon question 14 is gonna have a huge bullshit projectile motion question bc they havent done that in yonks so its gonna be stupid. the whole test is gonna be full of curve balls imo, like more than usual i recon

afourgridbook

HSC
I recon question 14 is gonna have a huge bullshit projectile motion question bc they havent done that in yonks so its gonna be stupid. the whole test is gonna be full of curve balls imo, like more than usual i recon
yeah i agree i reckon it'll be hard this year

HSC
Bro I can’t sleep man someone help I’m not even stressed
Same bro. I'm just here like I need to revise binomials and differential equations a bit more because I don't know them as well but I don't even care anymore atp. E4 or E1, it's not gonna end up affecting my ATAR very much.

Allan Mekisic

HSC
I think there will be a difficult differential equations question on modelling time dependence of a conserved substance in a tank. There may also be a bearings question like 2021 with a plane flying and there is a wind blowing in a certain direction and you have to determine the course the pilot needs to fly. I think mechanics will involve balancing of forces this year. They have not done that yet. For example a weight suspended from a ceiling by two strings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)