Maths Extension 2 predictions/thoughts? (1 Viewer)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
do yall think they'll penalise in q13 projectile for using degrees? they didn't state anything about using radians
I would be very surprised if they penalised you for expressing the answer in degrees.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
I would be very surprised if they penalised you for expressing the answer in degrees.
the only issue is that I calculated the answer for velocity of object B using my angle expressed in degrees (which gives a different velocity if radians were used)

oh well, no point worrying over this, i guess. :( hoping for no penalty, since the question wasn't 100% clear about it.

Last edited:

aa180

HSC
The way I did it, was finding the probability that B wins, which is the sum of (A loses the B wins, A loses the B loses the A loses then B wins etc). Then you taking the limiting sum of this geometric series and set it greater then 1/2. The result follows.
That's perfectly valid, just slightly longer.

Fayad

HSC
My opinion :
Q1-Q8 free points
Q9,Q10 interesting but not hard problems, Q10 is 90% likely to be an integration based on special property

Q11-Q14 15 free pts
Q15
a) harder inequalities/ polynomial
b) integration by parts
c) mechanics (highly chance for SMH)

Q16
some trivial points and a hard integration question related to inequalities, and harder inequalities with binomial theorem
Bruh this makes you looks like some arrogant asshole. Just stfu and do your maths

Shandy777

HSC
Here are solutions jointly by fun_jirachi and ruiace:
The solution for 13 c ii) is incorrect.
The calculated value for theta is correct however when calculating v they missed a zero in the numerator which would make it 100sqrt(3) so the final answer should be 24.2m/s

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Says the guy complaining about possibly missing out on a state rank
So what? I mean everyone has different goals and different ability.
Some people complain about failing, others complain about not getting 90% and some complain about missing a State rank. What's wrong with it? It's not arrogant. Quite frankly only someone who is jealous actually finds it arrogant.

I have no problem with him complaining or whatever about missing out on a state rank.

Fen10

HSC
So what? I mean everyone has different goals and different ability.
Some people complain about failing, others complain about not getting 90% and some complain about missing a State rank. What's wrong with it? It's not arrogant. Quite frankly only someone who is jealous actually finds it arrogant.

I have no problem with him complaining or whatever about missing out on a state rank.
I know you're sticking up for the little guy, and good for you, but if you look at 'psmao's recent messages, their eleventh one is literally telling someone to commit suicide because they didn't do well in 2u maths, there obviously is a teeny bit of arrogance with this one. To add to your point about people having different abilities, that is exactly why a post about noting "Q11-Q14 15 free pts" isn't fair. Not everyone has the ability nor finds 4u so easy, so it can be a little disparaging to read these things.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I know you're sticking up for the little guy, and good for you, but if you look at 'psmao's recent messages, their eleventh one is literally telling someone to commit suicide because they didn't do well in 2u maths, there obviously is a teeny bit of arrogance with this one.
I've already voiced my opinion about this and told him how it's not good to say things like this. However the discussion isn't based on that, but rather "is it arrogant if someone complains about not getting a state rank."

To add to your point about people having different abilities, that is exactly why a post about noting "Q11-Q14 15 free pts" isn't fair. Not everyone has the ability nor finds 4u so easy, so it can be a little disparaging to read these things.
As for this. Agreeable but still there's nothing wrong with it. People have go to learn to realize that there is always gonna be someone better than you.
For example I always did bad at English and every time people would walk about and say how easy some of the questions were when I found it really difficult. Never once did I take it the wrong way. I never once took it in a degrading way, in fact I always congratulated them knowing I found it really difficult.

You gotta develop a thick skin for this because not everyone has to conform to your standards. If others found it hard and he's saying how easy it was then good for him! There's no reason to take it so seriously. Voice your own opinion on the questions but just because he found it easier for example does not mean he is arrogant. He's not gonna say it is really hard when he found it easy now is he? and even if he does what's the point in that?

Lastly I'm not really saying all this to 'stick up' for him. I mean it's not like your being rude or anything, but I see people saying the same stuff you do in real life and I don't like it at all.

Fen10

HSC
I've already voiced my opinion about this and told him how it's not good to say things like this. However the discussion isn't based on that, but rather "is it arrogant if someone complains about not getting a state rank."

As for this. Agreeable but still there's nothing wrong with it. People have go to learn to realize that there is always gonna be someone better than you.
For example I always did bad at English and every time people would walk about and say how easy some of the questions were when I found it really difficult. Never once did I take it the wrong way. I never once took it in a degrading way, in fact I always congratulated them knowing I found it really difficult.

You gotta develop a thick skin for this because not everyone has to conform to your standards. If you found it hard and he's saying how easy it was then good for him! There's no reason to take it so seriously. Voice your own opinion on the questions but just because he found it easier for example does not mean he is arrogant. He's not gonna say it is really hard when he found it easy now is he? and even if he does what's the point in that?
Ok, complaining about missing out on a state rank isn't arrogant, but the point of my first comment wasn't about addressing the "discussion" as you put it, - "is it arrogant if someone complains about not getting a state rank." - I was pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming that they got what they expected while making comments about not getting the state rank which they expected. This was more of a personal thing considering I was rubbed the wrong way by their suicide comment, so if it seems petty, it is; If that isn't your style I get that, but I don't see the problem with dealing with this person with a consideration of their recent comment history.

On the second point about the easiness of the test, I don't know why you would assume that I personally found it difficult. Of course on a forum which is dedicated to the sharing of exam thoughts I shouldn't care if someone has the opinion that the test was easy, but again, reading their post in light of the other things they have said I can't help but make a briefly informed evaluation of their character over the internet which leads me to be a little more antagonistic towards them than I otherwise would be.

Thank you for bringing a little perspective to this dispute with reason and consideration. Have a good one

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, complaining about missing out on a state rank isn't arrogant, but the point of my first comment wasn't about addressing the "discussion" as you put it, - "is it arrogant if someone complains about not getting a state rank." - I was pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming that they got what they expected while making comments about not getting the state rank which they expected. This was more of a personal thing considering I was rubbed the wrong way by their suicide comment, so if it seems petty, it is; If that isn't your style I get that, but I don't see the problem with dealing with this person with a consideration of their recent comment history.

On the second point about the easiness of the test, I don't know why you would assume that I personally found it difficult. Of course on a forum which is dedicated to the sharing of exam thoughts I shouldn't care if someone has the opinion that the test was easy, but again, reading their post in light of the other things they have said I can't help but make a briefly informed evaluation of their character over the internet which leads me to be a little more antagonistic towards them than I otherwise would be.

Thank you for bringing a little perspective to this dispute with reason and consideration. Have a good one
Fair enough I agree with you on that. It rubbed me the wrong way too, and sadly people these days think it's a normal thing to joke about.

psmao

HSC

i don’t understand where did u guys see my comment of suggesting others to suicide from. That post was used to mock HSCbuzman only ( I particularly stated that since he was trolling the whole community )

AHafza

HSC
So what are we looking at raw for an E4 this year... 72, 73, 74?

Jimmy.Chen

HSC
I have a question. If you crossed some part of your working but it's still readable, and then you draw an arrow to it saying you didn't mean to cross it out, will the markers still consider it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)