Maths Extension 2 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

kms1234

HSC
The allocation could be something like:
1 mark for the initial decomposition step
2 mark to find variables A and B
1 mark to get the right answer

This is only a prediction as I believe they mark based on how the state answered these questions

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
MindYourDecisions made a youtube of 16c solution

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Here are alternative solutions to 15aii and 15aiii using beta and gamma functions
15ai.png
15aiii-alternative1.png
15aiii-2.png

Last edited:

Allan Mekisic

HSC
epicmaths solutions is at https://community.boredofstudies.or...ing-it-for-the-first-time.405811/post-7513591

It's a pdf made from last night's live youtube. The youtube goes for 3 hours 18 minutes and 14 seconds.

Here is the youtube:
epicmaths solutions is at https://community.boredofstudies.or...ing-it-for-the-first-time.405811/post-7513591

It's a pdf made from last night's live youtube. The youtube goes for 3 hours 18 minutes and 14 seconds.

Here is the youtube:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Here are alternative solutions to 15aii and 15aiii using beta and gamma functions
View attachment 40887
View attachment 40888
View attachment 40889
One might wonder why on earth would one want to do 15aiii like that.

Well it actually removes integration entirely as well as algebraic gymnastics required to relate it back to Jn from 15ai.

It turns it purely into a manipulation of factorials.

And as Kennedy didn't say, we don't do it because it's hard, we do it because it's easy

Last edited:

Allan Mekisic

HSC
Very insightful watching the maths teacher do the extension 2 exam on the u tube video. I thought he did extremely well overall. Great to see a maths teacher struggle with the vector representation of the horizontal and vertical components of projectile motion. I used dx dot dt and dy dot dt which simplifies matters. I also used the double angle formula for that reduction formula but assumed the question was correct so I crossed it out. Has anyone else noted the similarity between our q15 (a) and the reduction integral in q16 (a) of 2020. If they had of got the 2 theta correct, it’s basically the same question from a different perspective. In from this year is same as jn from 2020. The second In this year should have been similar to In of 2020 except they forgot 2 theta.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Very insightful watching the maths teacher do the extension 2 exam on the u tube video. I thought he did extremely well overall. Great to see a maths teacher struggle with the vector representation of the horizontal and vertical components of projectile motion. I used dx dot dt and dy dot dt which simplifies matters. I also used the double angle formula for that reduction formula but assumed the question was correct so I crossed it out. Has anyone else noted the similarity between our q15 (a) and the reduction integral in q16 (a) of 2020. If they had of got the 2 theta correct, it’s basically the same question from a different perspective. In from this year is same as jn from 2020. The second In this year should have been similar to In of 2020 except they forgot 2 theta.
oh my god i think i know you! doctor?

carrotsss

HSC
@carrotsss the people on conquer hsc are predicting 60 raw for e4 cuttof 😭 😂 idk what to believe
honestly idek either like for me I found it a bit harder than last year but then there’s all these people saying like “way easier, on the level of 2021” (which is such bs) so I just sorta assume the reality is somewhere in between

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
honestly idek either like for me I found it a bit harder than last year but then there’s all these people saying like “way easier, on the level of 2021” (which is such bs) so I just sorta assume the reality is somewhere in between
Honestly i think it was easier than 2020. perhaps 86 e4 cutoff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)