Maths - I hope it's NOT going to count... (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, I did bad.....Maybe 75/120 raw. I am sad, very sad indeed. I thought my effort over the four days studying will help me getting a reasonable mark. But.......That's life.

I am hoping that Maths won't be counted in my best 10 Units.

badlysketched

hey man 75/120 isn't bad raw!!! thats what i'm hoping for!!! >< i'm in 2 unit though... if ur in 3 unit it might be a different story... check out what everyone else is getting in boredofschool's post... 75/120 is definately not bad!!! (dun be put off by the ppl getting 100 and shit... they are just smartypoos and i'm gonna get them later muahahha!!! :chainsaw: )

cheers!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I am a 2U person.....I don't do any extension courses.

nifty03

HSC
My friends told me that some teacher in their school agreed that this exam is the hardest 2u exam in the past 10 years.
Could someone verify this?
And also, 75/120 for this monster, it's good man.. very satisfying indeed.. unless u do 3u maths, and u were expecting a band 5 + i think.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
My friends told me that some teacher in their school agreed that this exam is the hardest 2u exam in the past 10 years.
Well apparently before this exam the hardest test was done back in 1995. I had a look at that paper when i was doing past papers and it was considerably easier than this years......so i guess to answer ur question, YES it would have 2 b the hardest paper in 10 years.

spark

I would totally agree from the dozens of HSC papers I did.. this was the hardest 2u paper for awhile. Or at least the most trickiest.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by nifty03
And also, 75/120 for this monster, it's good man.. very satisfying indeed.. unless u do 3u maths, and u were expecting a band 5 + i think.
Really?

Are 3 unit maths people supposed to get band 5 in maths? :rolleyes: oh nooooo.... what if someone didn't concentrate for 2 unit, or 3unit, is it still possible?

I screwed 2 unit, so what's left? :chainsaw:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by nifty03
There is no way this year's paper is the hardest exam in the past 10 years. It would have to easily be on par with 2002, if not 2001, despite the comments being posted here.

blue_chameleon

HSC
What brings you to that conclusion Laz??:confused:
I would have thought that the majority of comments from both 2 and 3 unit students would need to be considered, or is it just the capabilities, or lack thereof, of the 2003 candidates?

blue_chameleon

HSC
I would have thought that the majority of comments from both 2 and 3 unit students would need to be considered, or is it just the capabilities, or lack thereof, of the 2003 candidates?
Btw, that post may have been a bit confusing. What i was asking was did the general feeling and comments about the exam from 2 and 3 unit people reflect the skills of this years candidates, rather than the difficulty of the paper?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
What i was asking was did the general feeling and comments about the exam from 2 and 3 unit people reflect the skills of this years candidates, rather than the difficulty of the paper?
That's entirely possible - I truly can't see how this paper was really any more difficult than the 2001 and 2002 papers. Compare them side by side, almost the exact same style of questions are being asked.

We'll know if the candidature is poor when the scaling stats are released. But I suppose it's too late then. :)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
That test was so gay !! I got 76/120 in the trials and was hoping for 90+/120 as people said HSC is easier then catholic trials but now after that test i just want to pass!!!
Its tests like this that I keep 12units!!!DAMN I thought I was good in math until.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)