• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths intro into Maple (1 Viewer)

MJ-47

HSC
hey....i missed this lecture on wednesday cause it was overcrowded and we got kicked out cause of OH&S (damn them) and wednesday was the only day i could go cause of other faculty orientation..so someone mind telling me wht happened in the lecture?..........

Thks in advance

_santa

HSC
I missed mine yesterday too, and I was too pissed to go another day, so I just went to the lab straight away. Turned out it's no big deal, just log in to WebCT and read the guide there, it's fairly straightforward.

LordPc

HSC
stupid maple lectures. maths is a very common course but for some reason they dont hold the lectures in a big enough room.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you get your webct by going to the labs right?

erm

HSC
yeah the lecture was pretty much a waste of time. As someone said just go through the online stuff and do the quiz...pretty straightforward. If ur n00b ask someone with the fluoro vest.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you get your webct by going to the labs right?
after you enrolled on myUNSW and after you get excited accepting your preference for unsw you get access to the webct system just before starting the semester at vista.elearning.unsw.edu.au and login with your student number and unipass, the unipass will be separate from the passwords used in other faculties like CSE

sturmeh

HSC
I'm going on Friday, going anyway for the CSESoc Quake Tournament and CSE Revue screenings. :)

Anyone want to provide links as an alternative to the lecture?
If not I'll try my best after tommorow for whoever missed it.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
For those who came I bet it's Dr Johnathon Kress showing how to use Maple including differentiating a function then calculating Pi to 1000 places then making dodgy attempts at the Vista eLearning Maple quiz and it lasted for an hour.

amirite?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
For those who came I bet it's Dr Johnathon Kress showing how to use Maple including differentiating a function then calculating Pi to 1000 places then making dodgy attempts at the Vista eLearning Maple quiz and it lasted for an hour.

amirite?
hahahhahahah. yes.

i was also surprised at the amount of people that went 'WOAHHHH' when he calculated pi. as well as the people that went 'WHATS THE LAST DIGIT OF PI?' (dont know if it was sarcasm) and basically noone knew what sin(pi/4) was :|

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
hahahhahahah. yes.

i was also surprised at the amount of people that went 'WOAHHHH' when he calculated pi. as well as the people that went 'WHATS THE LAST DIGIT OF PI?' (dont know if it was sarcasm) and basically noone knew what sin(pi/4) was :|

When i first realised maple existed (this was around week 4/5) I got trigger happy and tried to evaluate Pi to a million places.

The Computer froze :(

Maple is pretty kewl

Uncle

Banned
HSC
When i first realised maple existed (this was around week 4/5) I got trigger happy and tried to evaluate Pi to a million places.

The Computer froze :(

Maple is pretty kewl
hahahha fuck.

Find a 2 hour+ break period, log on to a machine with Maple on it and see how long it takes for Maple to evaluate Pi to a million places.
Will try sometime hopefully.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
hahahha fuck.

Find a 2 hour+ break period, log on to a machine with Maple on it and see how long it takes for Maple to evaluate Pi to a million places.
Will try sometime hopefully.
After experimenting a little i found out you need to take it slow.

Like you first tell the thing to evaluate to 1 000 then 10 000 then 50 000.
If you ease maple into it, it still takes quite a while but at least it doesnt freeze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)