Maths needed for BMedSc (1 Viewer)

sarah1

HSC
Hi Guys, I was wondering if you guys could let me know how much math and the level of difficulty of math in the bachelor of Medical Science degree is. I was an average student in 2U Maths in the prelim course and have since dropped to General Math, in which I am topping the grade. I'd really like to pursue a career in Medical Science but I wonder about the level of mathematics needed, so any info you have would be great :) thanks!

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
it seems logical to good the medical science usyd course to see the maths requirements doesnt it?

sarah1

HSC
Yes, sorry I didn't mention that I had done this and the recommended study is 2U Mathematics. I was wondering if because I dropped 2U, I might find the maths too challenging. I was wondering more about the extent and difficulty of the maths studied during the course.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
It shouldn't be too difficult for you. Having done General Maths your first semester maths units would be MATH1111 (which is meant for General students) and MATH1015 (which has 2U Maths as assumed knowledge, but I think you will find that a lot of the stuff you learn in MATH1111 will supplement that anyway). Then after that you should be in a good position to do MATH1013 and MATH1014 in the second semester.

First year mathematics courses are not too difficult; as long as you do your work and have sufficient knowledge for your level (which you seem to anyway under the pathway I just outlined), you should do fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)