Maths Practice Papers New Syllabus! (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
Hey guys!
I’m an outgoing year 12 student this year who did ext 1 and 2 maths. I’m pretty passionate about maths and I hope that your affinity for maths hasn’t been damaged by the lack of resources for the new syllabus, so I aim to make a practice paper for all of you. Just to let you know, it won’t be any of those dodgy papers, I can actually typeset in latex and replicate the HSC formatting (to the extent that I want, because their font choice sucks). However, I need to know which topics you’ve covered in class in order to do so, so please let me know down below. If you want to see my previous works, I’ll post my prediction paper I made for fun for the 2019 maths ext 1 HSC. Also let me know what subject you want me to make (I don’t have time to make both ext 1 and 2, as I have smash bros ultimate to be playing :p).

EDIT: and of course I’ll be making solutions! What’s the point of a paper without em lol :)

Attachments

lolzdj

HSC
Legend

Edit: I thought that I may as well be constructive with this comment - a 3U vectors past paper would be extremely helpful to basically everyone here. Reasons for being:
1. It helps the 4U students get better at geometrical complex problems
2. A decent amount of people I interact with are doing 3U Vectors for their first assessments
3. It's a new topic.
Either way, thanks for the paper!

vinlatte

HSC
This is amazing, thank you.

Also, I attached pages from the new syllabus textbook, both MX1 and MX2. Thought it would be helpful for you to use an extensive list for topics.

New Senior Mathematics Ext. 1 - 1.jpgNew Senior Mathematics Ext. 1 - 2.jpgNew Senior Mathematics Ext. 1 - 3.jpgNew Senior Mathematics Ext. 2 - 1.jpgNew Senior Mathematics Ext. 2 - 2.jpgNew Senior Mathematics Ext. 2 - 3.jpg

catha230

HSC
It would be extremely helpful if you could write up exam style questions for 3u vectors since my first 3u assessment which is in 2 weeks time will cover it. I know it's a lot to ask. Thank you so much for wanting to help our 20 cohort!!! Best of luck for your HSC results!

TheOnePheeph

HSC
I'm also planning on writing a few practice papers for the new syllabus. Did you guys want an entire hsc practice paper with all topics for x1? Or just one for year 11 content? I will probably work on the x1 task before the x2 one since its shorter to write, but will hopefully be able to produce one for each.

HeroWise

HSC
just did the paper in an hour, cute paper ngl. Realised some of the cheeky 4u qtns from camb >.>

catha230

HSC
I'm also planning on writing a few practice papers for the new syllabus. Did you guys want an entire hsc practice paper with all topics for x1? Or just one for year 11 content? I will probably work on the x1 task before the x2 one since its shorter to write, but will hopefully be able to produce one for each.
Thanks for kind heart!!! I would like a paper that would cover year 12 content (especially induction and vectors) since I have an upcoming exam on those topics soon.

Arrowshaft

HSC
just did the paper in an hour, cute paper ngl. Realised some of the cheeky 4u qtns from camb >.>
Haha ikr. It wasn’t meant to be too hard, but yeah. Snuck some 4u q’s in there, tbh felt q14 was too ez compared to 12 and 13, esp that good ol’ bill pender projectiles q :p

Last edited:

TheOnePheeph

HSC
I've decided to actually start eith the 4u one, I've thought of some really good questions that incorporate some aspects of the new syllabus, but I will try writing up a couple of 3u questions on induction and vectors. Just making sure though, is harder 3u still a component of 4u in the new syllabus?

Arrowshaft

HSC
I've decided to actually start eith the 4u one, I've thought of some really good questions that incorporate some aspects of the new syllabus, but I will try writing up a couple of 3u questions on induction and vectors. Just making sure though, is harder 3u still a component of 4u in the new syllabus?
Oooft if they got rid of harder 3U, then gg 4u scaling

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Yeah it would be a shame if they did, I have some really nasty questions planned lol. With some of the new additions to the 3u syllabus, there is a lot more creativity available

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I don’t think they can assess random 3u topics anymore, unless they’re incorporated in an actual 4u topic

Arrowshaft

HSC
I don’t think they can assess random 3u topics anymore, unless they’re incorporated in an actual 4u topic
That’s really a shame, hopefully the harder aspects of the 3u content is integrated throughout all 4u topics then.

HeroWise

HSC
is it bad that i know where most of the question was inspired from, but have no clue for q7. Rip 20 marks

TheOnePheeph

HSC
is it bad that i know where most of the question was inspired from, but have no clue for q7. Rip 20 marks
Dude yeah looks like you are getting b2 :(. In all seriousness though I wasn't even aware some of my questions were inspired by things. Q1 is straight from the syllabus, Q3,4,5 I found from various sources unrelated to hsc, so its impressive if you recognise them, but 2 and 6 I thought were fairly original (even though 6 is a pretty standard result using cauchy schwarz inequality to prove triangle inequality, I tried to extend it to be interesting).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)