Maths Seminar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paki_diva

I studied with Jeff for a while in yr 10...believe me he's gr8..

but hey, i'm in yr 11...r u sure u guys will have this next yr??

W

will2197

umm..I was only joking. Of course i've studied - this seminar would definitely be a good refresher though.

lilkatie

I'm pretty keen to go for both days, but i'll get lost once i'm at UTS? Should be worthwhile

lilkatie

My parents won't gove me any money for it till they know it's actually running......I rang the UTS and they'd never heard of it......where can i get more details

T

timbk2

void111 said:
Approximately, how many people will be at the seminar? If you don't know this, can you tell me what the limit is on the numbers for each seminar?

I know some people who are considering attending the seminars and they have been asking this question.

Thanks very much.
The lecture theatre holds approximately 300-350 people.

My parents won't gove me any money for it till they know it's actually running......I rang the UTS and they'd never heard of it......where can i get more details
It will be running. UTS only knows that the lecture hall has been booked - they don't have any other details. We're looking into providing a contact phone number for concerned parents. As for getting lost, we will be posting directions on how to get there in the next few days.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
void111 said:
I question the value for money of the seminar. I know well qualified people who charge around $15 per hour for one on one tutoring. Here you pay $15 per hour for 1 on about 300 tutoring. You do get lunch and notes here I guess - I still fail to see the value.

What do other people think?
The price for registered members is comparable with that charged for other popular HSC seminars. Our special dual group package goes beyond this to provide a significant discount.

Note the following comparison with the EdAssist HSC seminars (www.edassist.com.au):

<center><table width="80%" border="0" bgcolor="#99CCFF"><tr><td align="left" width="41%"><b>Package</b></td><td width="19%"><div align="right"><b>Duration</b></div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right"><b>Price</b></div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right"><b>Hourly Rate</b></div></td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%">EdAssist Maths (Single)</td><td width="19%"><div align="right">4.5 hrs</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">68.0</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">15.1</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%">Jeff Geha Maths (Single)</td><td width="19%"><div align="right">6.0 hrs</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">95.0</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">15.3</div></td></tr><tr><td width="41%">&nbsp;</td><td width="19%">&nbsp;</td><td width="20%">&nbsp;</td><td width="20%">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%">EdAssist Maths (Group)</td><td width="19%"><div align="right">4.5 hrs</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">54.0</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">12.0</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%">Jeff Geha Maths (Group)</td><td width="19%"><div align="right">6.0 hrs</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">80.0</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">13.3</div></td></tr><tr><td width="41%">&nbsp;</td><td width="19%">&nbsp;</td><td width="20%">&nbsp;</td><td width="20%">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%">EdAssist Maths (Dual Group)</td><td width="19%"><div align="right">N/A</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">N/A</div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right">N/A</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="41%"><b>Jeff Geha Maths (Dual Group)</b></td><td width="19%"><div align="right"><b>12.0 hrs</b></div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right"><b>120.0</b></div></td><td width="20%"><div align="right"><b>10.0</b></div></td></tr></table></center>

As you can see, our rates are quite reasonable. We're also a non-profit organisation, which means that any revenue raised goes towards the website. It's not only a great deal, but it's for a good cause. :)

*Katie* said:
yeah a contact number would be good :)
For additional details regarding the seminar, you can contact our associate Kevin Lee on 0421 592 171.

lilkatie

Really it dosen't matter as long as at the end of teh day i become better at maths

mitch_07

HSC
Hey Lazaras,
Is there any way in the late payment form where u can pay for a group of 5. Thanks plz reply ASAP
mitch_07

Bretz

Is there also a way to find out if our registration is successful or not?
I've registered but i dont have any confirmation that its been accepted or anything.

cj_bridle

HSC
jbrettell said:
Is there also a way to find out if our registration is successful or not?
I've registered but i dont have any confirmation that its been accepted or anything.
same here...

DESI4LIFE

Verification email...

i still havent got an email saying that they have recieved my application, i applied a while ago and i still havent got it...can ne1 help me out...

plz...
plz reply...bye

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Donshe said:
I direct deposited :mad:

This is going to piss me off if I don't recieve a reply by email by tomorrow
Students who have previously registered for the Extension 1 or Dual Seminars packages will be entitled to an appropriate refund. This will be provided on the day of the 2U seminar or by mail.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
how do we know if we've been registered if we dont recieve a confirmation notice?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Guys, we're not unreasonable.

If you really want to cancel your booking, you can. We'll refund whatever you paid. We're not trying to cheat you.

The 2U seminar is still going ahead, and the content has turned out to be quite good.

It's proving to be rather difficult for us to keep up with the administrative side of the registrations, so please just bear with us. You'll get replies to your emails and so on as soon as possible.

If you registered online, you should have received an automatic confirmation email.

Send any concerns to info [at] boredofstudies.org.

Bretz

Are there any reasons y the 3u course has been abandoned?
Also will there be another 3u course on before the HSC? I'd be happy to postpone the refund if there is a future date for the 3u course to be on.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
WTF i paid $95 for the 2U seminar, now its $50, i want my $45 refund pls reply!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)