Maths software (1 Viewer)

unknownuser69

HSC
N/A
Hi, Does anyone know of any programs (aside from graphmatica) which can graph curves, shade in integration areas, draw tangents, etc? The reason for not using graphmatica is that the graphs produced are sometimes to 'zoomed out' or to 'zoomed in'. Also, they look sh*t.

Are there any programs that can make the graphs that they make in textbooks / hsc? Or ones that produce even better looking graphs?

Cheers

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Matlab's expensive/too huge a file/rather steep learning curve for what the OP wants, though.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I hate Matlab :mad1: whatever you do, do not use it!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
graphmatica is perfect for what you want, learn to use it.

unknownuser69

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
graphmatica is perfect for what you want, learn to use it.
I told you, they look shit. I don't think I can do anything to the program to make it not shit. If you know a way, by all means tell me.

Also, while you're at it, can you tell me how to change the zoom factor so that it is not around about 2x?

unknownuser69

HSC
N/A
I'm learning to use maple now. Is it possible to change the axis to trigonometric values? i.e. pi, 2pi, 3pi, etc? rather than numerical values (such as 1, 2, 3,4, etc)? Also, is it possible to change the axis so that it's got arrows on the end?

Cheers

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
unknownuser69 said:
I'm learning to use maple now. Is it possible to change the axis to trigonometric values? i.e. pi, 2pi, 3pi, etc? rather than numerical values (such as 1, 2, 3,4, etc)? Also, is it possible to change the axis so that it's got arrows on the end?

Cheers
you can do that with graphmatica

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you can download a trial version of mathematica, but the thing is that you cant save it. You can get a feel for it to see whether its right for you or not.
I also recommend maple if mathematica doesnt work out.

HSC
jemsta said:
you can download a trial version of mathematica, but the thing is that you cant save it. You can get a feel for it to see whether its right for you or not.
is that available for maple by any chance?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
^ you could try googling it
my friend gave me a copy of maple lying somewhere so if you want it i guess i can mail it to you

fatmuscle

HSC
if it's basic graphing, i used a program called "equation grapher with regression analyzer"

very very basic.

not freeware

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Get OS X: You get Grapher, free of charge, here's a screenshot:

(yes, I know the brackets and the addition of pi is useless, but I just wanted to show the level of user-friendliness Grapher has)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)