• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths study group (1 Viewer)

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
ummm from experience group studying is not that productive ..

but that's just me and my group of friends lol .. not stopping you peoples from doing so :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by moogle
ummm from experience group studying is not that productive ..

but that's just me and my group of friends lol .. not stopping you peoples from doing so :p
yeah thats because u got something to talk about and uno each other

we wouldnt know each other

although it might turn out to be a get to know the BOS members lol

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
yeah thats because u got something to talk about and uno each other

we wouldnt know each other

although it might turn out to be a get to know the BOS members lol
Hey I'm a mod now, which makes me all cool and hot and knowledgable, so I'll keep you in line :p

Actually, UTS is a good idea. I study there twice a week. We'd just have to try and not look too much like wimpy year 12s

EDIT: "...cool and hot..." I'm such a doof

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Hey I'm a mod now, which makes me all cool and hot and knowledgable, so I'll keep you in line :p

Actually, UTS is a good idea. I study there twice a week. We'd just have to try and not look too much like wimpy year 12s

EDIT: "...cool and hot..." I'm such a doof

arent we in prelim stages for being a mod, or are we a mod already?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
arent we in prelim stages for being a mod, or are we a mod already?
Look at my status. Then look at my postcount. Then look at when I joined. Then look at my status again :D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Mmmm you're all mods on a 'trial basis' at the moment. Don't screw up. ;)

Winston

HSC
I thought you'd say that some time. Won't screw up!
I don't think we can continue this study group together anymore, as we're both mods LOL.. too much too discuss ... :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't think we can continue this study group together anymore, as we're both mods LOL.. too much too discuss ... :rolleyes:
Actually, babydoll and I were talking about that on MSN. I tried to convince her that she needs to do more maths work etc and should come along, but she said since you two have a friend in common it might become distracting. Then I said, "nah, if we call in the maybes we'll have enough people who don't know each other to tell you guys to shut up and do some work!"

Winston

HSC
Actually, babydoll and I were talking about that on MSN. I tried to convince her that she needs to do more maths work etc and should come along, but she said since you two have a friend in common it might become distracting. Then I said, "nah, if we call in the maybes we'll have enough people who don't know each other to tell you guys to shut up and do some work!"
haha yesh.. so just tell me a date, and i'll come with all my maths crap.. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Tuesday has actually become bad, because my physics exam has moved to then. I really think more people should try and commit when they declare interest, I may go on a PM spree tomorrow night...

Wednesday, state library? Or a uni library? (might as well surround ourselves in motivation eh ;))

Winston

HSC
Tuesday has actually become bad, because my physics exam has moved to then. I really think more people should try and commit when they declare interest, I may go on a PM spree tomorrow night...

Wednesday, state library? Or a uni library? (might as well surround ourselves in motivation eh ;))
like i'm gonna have fun finding my way there, can you believe i haven't been to a library for about 4 yrs, since yr 8 lol

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
like i'm gonna have fun finding my way there, can you believe i haven't been to a library for about 4 yrs, since yr 8 lol
Really? You're SCREWED

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, I'm pretty comfortable in libraries and unis. What am I saying, I practically live there! Yeah, they're really good, much better than home for study. If we actually get some confirmation from people by thursday I'll take you to Fisher, or UNSW (though I'm more confident with Fisher, because it's down the road from school)

Winston

HSC
Well, I'm pretty comfortable in libraries and unis. What am I saying, I practically live there! Yeah, they're really good, much better than home for study. If we actually get some confirmation from people by thursday I'll take you to Fisher, or UNSW (though I'm more confident with Fisher, because it's down the road from school)

Coolies, how many more people minimum before we call it a yes? i'll ask my friend as well

You wanna PM the others who were rather assertive in going as well?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Coolies, how many more people minimum before we call it a yes? i'll ask my friend as well
I'll give them all another day, then I'll send messages out tomorrow night. If there aren't any responses by Friday we'll assume nobody else wants in. All friends are welcome! As long as you're prepared to spend at the very least half of the time in serious study (be it asking each other questions or comparing problems) we want you to come along. The more people turn up the more effective it will be.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Azn fairies
um... i doubt this study group will occur...
It'll go ahead regardless of numbers, as Winston and I have endlessly repeated (won't it?).

What I'm annoyed about is the alarming number of people who "expressed interest" and then forgot about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)