• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Teacher (1 Viewer)

What is your Maths Teacher like?

• Excellent - their my favourite teacher

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Great

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Good

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Alright l guess

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • The worst teacher l have ever had

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
What is your teacher like?

Mine is new to our school but she took 4u maths at school and at uni (l think) She can't control the class very well and all the guys just mess around. She's very smart though and if l'm stuck we sit there and try and figure it out together.

All in all she's a great person.

I also have a maths tutor who l see every friday night for an hour. Sometimes l take in my maths stuff form school to get ahead or to ask him questions l didn't get to ask in class.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
mine was shocking, she wouldnt teach, and would tell us that the only reason she became a teacher (instead of staying at the bank) was so she'd get 12 weeks hols a yr instead of 4

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
mine was shocking, she wouldnt teach, and would tell us that the only reason she became a teacher (instead of staying at the bank) was so she'd get 12 weeks hols a yr instead of 4
My biology teacher makes a joke that he came to our school to clean the gutters but they chucked him in a classroom instead.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
my maths teacher is great!
last yr my teacher came to us and said she always teachers 4u maths and hasnt taught general in like 4 years.. so she was learning as we were :S
she wasnt very good.. but she went to teach a 2u class that got too big and needed to be split up.. so we got another maths teacher who has taught general maths every year (except our one for some reason.. till then) and she does hsc marking and the hsc advice line.. so she always points out to us what lots of people have trouble with and says with things we take time on getting.. its usually 1 or 2 marks in the hsc so yeh

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
My teacher is a legend, best teacher I've ever had

santaslayer

HSC
my teacher dosnt care too much........he'll help u with a question if u asked, bt other then that, he wouldnt care less wot we do in class

Scanorama

HSC
my maths teacher is shit, he just sits there all leason OR he explaines 2 similar questions for 1 whole lesson, waste of time.

Our class tried to complain him, but he is a head teacher so we went up to the deputy, but now he is picking on us in class.

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my general teacher was OK, she was a bit lost, looked like aunt petunia, turned up late every friday morning... but i liked her :)

my yr11 teacher for 2u, on the other hand.... God, what a nightmare. he didn't give us a very good first impression when he screamed at my friend before we'd even walked through the door o__O. he was ok sometimes, but his mood swings were horrible. he had horrible breath and walked like an ape. LOL! so many people dropped to general (or dropped maths altogether) coz of him :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
mine is a joke, its pretty much teach yourself unless im stuck with something i might ask her
i'll second that, because my teacher used to be in the visual arts department and then retrained to become a maths teacher. she even admitted that she isnt a good teacher cos this is her first year teaching maths. i feel so sorry for her because the class is so disruptive and stuff. they think she is stupid because she is new and wants to complain by signing a petition. its like they dont even listen as well.

Beaker

I don't go to maths class much.. its preety much straight out of the textbook and syllabus work.. unless i'm stuck on a concept or technique and that's when i seek help.

Dazzaa

Did I mention that my teacher is a knob, and he doesn't teach me anything? No? Well now I have... I do better on my own...

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
My teacher's a loser. He spends all period on one question... and then expects us to finish a chapter of work in about one night, then he has a go at all of us for not being up to date. He came up to me and my friend once and asked us what he could do to fix things. We told not to be so slow. He got cut and threw out have the class.

We went up to the deputy then and she made us go talk to him again, he started to pick on our part of the room after that.

He hates us, we hate him. It'll be like that for another two terms... dammit.

ToKooL4SkooL

HSC
Maths Sux!!! Im only doing it cause there wasnt anything else I liked on that line oh and cause I know what I'm doing.
My teacher sux too, he has a really bad temper and goes off at the slightest thing! Definetly not my favourite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)