Maths Topic Test Notification (1 Viewer)

JasonNg

HSC
Hey guys! Do i have my maths topic test in a few days and i wanted to know, does it count towards my report or anything at all? We never got a sheet that we had to sign confirming that we know we have a test in a week or anything. All the teacher did was tell us that we are having a topic the next week.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Um how would we know best to ask ur teacher....it probaly will

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, you really need to ask your teacher. We had topic tests at the end of each topic which never counted towards our grade but who knows, maybe yours will count, maybe it won't. Ask your teacher next lesson.

confishcated

HSC
Topic tests usually count towards a small percentage of your class mark, which in turn is part of your overall assessment mark. So it does count, but not much.

HSC
Kids say it doesn't count, Teachers say a small percentage counts.
Do not listen to any of them, listen closely to me; Topic tests are the basis of your report mark, i failed my sc trials (because let's face it i suck at common stuff), but when it came to our quizzes i would do well. Long story short, put effort into it. Plus teachers get this preconceived idea that you're smart :p, thus leading to favouritsm ----> marks are ^

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not listen to any of them, listen closely to me; Topic tests are the basis of your report mark, i failed my sc trials (because let's face it i suck at common stuff), but when it came to our quizzes i would do well. Long story short, put effort into it. Plus teachers get this preconceived idea that you're smart :p, thus leading to favouritsm ----> marks are ^
Year 11 is purely based on results, being teacher's pet or sucking up won't work...
Year 10 and Year 11 systems for report marks are completely different so yeah....

Topic tests will only count for a very small % of your report mark...
Common tests or Yearlies/Half Yearlies pretty much determine what mark range you would be looking at....

Gigacube

HSC
You should look at your School assessment guide which lists all the assessments for each subject. Assessments will vary from school to school.

At my school we do have topic tests in maths but they are not counted towards our overall mark.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
daFUQ?! If the assessment notification for the task says it counts, it counts. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Otherwise your school is misleading you. The school should give you an assessment booklet of some sort regarding the weighing of each task too (not compulsory). BTW, SC Trials were most likely your yearlies and thus they would have counted towards your end of year reports and your quiz would have most likely contributed to your class mark. I dunno, but in senior years, most schools for mathematics (all levels) have 3-4 assessment tasks throughout the year which are the only tasks which count towards the report mark.

bleakarcher

HSC
Your teacher should hand you a sheet if you're having an assessment around 3 weeks or so prior to it. I'm having an 2U maths assessment in like two weeks and I was given a sheet saying it counted as 30% of my final assessment mark for year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)