Maths Tutor (1 Viewer)

Diya Jain

HSC
Is private tutoring better for maths ?
I current go to a tutoring centre with a group of student but feel like it’s too fast to cope with

will a private tutor also have like extra resources and give exam style questions under time constraints ?

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I current go to a tutoring centre with a group of student but feel like it’s too fast to cope with

will a private tutor also have like extra resources and give exam style questions under time constraints ?
I don’t know the answer to your question, but do you really need to pay expensive tuition fees to take exam style questions under time constraints? My older two have never gone to a tutoring centre or had tutors for HSC maths exams. They just find past papers or practice papers and attempt them with self timing.

If you did the same, you could spend the time you pay for with a private tutor, going over the questions you had difficulty with during the practice exam(s).

satvik_1008

HSC

i feel like for advanced (and probably ext 1 if you are big brain) its not really needed, but if you are gonna do 3u or 4u, especially 4u, just the level of questions out there, and getting exposed to them ur better off going tutoring. yes you can put in the effort in doing all the trial papers and stuff yourself but from a cost benefit perspective, its better if you have all the important questions succintly summed up in a lesson, rather than having to do every trial on earth. (you have other subjects to worry about too, and maths although is a big one, it should not take over you)

ezOolong

HSC
Being a private tutor myself I think tutors are generally not necessary :oops: oops

I don't recommend tutoring centres because they usually teach students ahead of school and normally students don't listen to their school teachers in class anymore; doesn't sound cost effective to me. Tuition centres normally don't have the time to answer students' queries and are basically harder versions of school classes; but really the hard questions could always be found in textbook exercises and past papers.

As a student, I didn't go to any tuition centres myself or found tutors during high school because I just didn't find it necessary. They were definitely useful, but I could do the same things at school and at home.

As a private tutor, I also prefer taking students who really listen in class and ask me about the content that they don't understand, instead of expecting me to teach them everything ahead of their school teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)