maths what do ya think (1 Viewer)

airhead

So i saw no-one had written anything so i thought i would. At the moment i am finding general maths really hard especially geometry of the earth any one else having probs.:D

im jess

heya.... nah maths its pretty good at the moment.... a bit rusty in lil areas, but it seems to be going good

do you need any help with geom of the eartch cause thats the only topic i really like and actually understand it!!
:)

tweakin

im finding it pretty piss easy.... shouldev done 2 unit, ahh well its been a bludge

pretty much have done no work at all and have been avgeragin 85+ in all assessments.

airhead

maths

well if i have any real problems i'll know who to ask:) anyways i've been averaging75+ in most of my tasks but thats only because i've been self teaching myself i've been having a few problems with my maths teacher when she decides to show up and when she, does she only wants to gloat about her son who is doing three unit, but i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and hope things improve.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I did General Maths last year and didn't find it all that difficult. But it really depends on the person and maybe even the way that they are taught the course. Your teacher should be focusing more on teaching her class, rather than gloating that her son is doing a higher maths course than her own pupils. That's disgusting.

Hehe, indeed. Don't hesitate to give anyone a buzz.

im jess

our teacher is just a big bitch.... no need to say more.... she had favourites in the class, and even tho im one of them i hate it, cause shes heaps rude to my other friends.... she like comes up to the ones she likes and says how much she doesnt like everyone else, how much she hates them....... its really irritating.... and she has put atleast 5 girls in my class in tears by what she says.....but we got her once... hehe
and hse cant even speak english!! grr!!!

airhead

heres a question

I have a question for those of you who can help me on Geometry of the earth.

It is 1430 local time in Alice Springs. What is GMT, given that Alice Springs has a longitude 134 degrees east?

the answer is 0534

See it may be really obvious the rest of the chapter was easy does anyone know how to get the answer i hope so:)

im jess

oki doke :)

well just remember these things :
15 degree longitude = 1 hours time difference
1 degree longitude = 4 minutes time difference

since alice springs is 134 degrees east of the GM, just go
134 x 4 = 536

is that the answer.....?? 0536

i think thats right......

airhead

thanks a bunch

thats right exactly i dont know how i missed it thanks your a life saver;)

im jess

oh yay!!

just remember the:
15 degree longitude = 1 hours time difference
1 degree longitude = 4 minutes time difference

and youll be set :)

Lee

if you don't remember it's not hard to work out for yourself though:).

360degrees = 24 hours.....work down from there:)
so if you forget exact times or whatever work it our yourself:)

im jess

just practise it heaps and heaps... make sure you do heaps of trial papers, and past exams and everything to get a wide range of questions, and make sure you complete all set work and stuff in class..... do each chapter review, and questions that you find hard, just look back thru the chapter at the examples to see how to work them out, and once you get how to do it, re do it a few times till you get use to the way the formulas work and everything :D

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I just wanted to know, do 2unit ppl learn questions about longitiude and time?

Coz i dont recall learning about it

Matt

Maths is easy!!! Im averaging 90+ in all assessments. But im finding the spherical geometry the hardest

sharlene84

im finding general maths really hard and doing heaps bad in it i dont learn any thing in that class so generally im screwed because i cant really even get over 55% in that class

arcarsenal

Originally posted by Matt
Maths is easy!!! Im averaging 90+ in all assessments. But im finding the spherical geometry the hardest
What the??! That's so depressing. :( Have you been doing general maths for the entirety of this year?

Matt

yeah i've been doing ingtermediate since year 7 and chose general from the start of year 11 so im stoked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)