• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths (1 Viewer)

What maths?

• General

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • 2 unit

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Extension 1

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Extension 2

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
you: if you seriously can put in a solid 30min a day of "studying" during all times of the year a uai of 99.50+ is a must, unless you totally get screwed on the exam day.

but keypad only said 'if you were lucky' he would study 30 min a day....now this could be maths alone or everything...i got shocked because i thought it was everything...anyway i i guess the amount of time us pend on studyign isn't imporant but the 'quality' so keypad (obviously) did some quick smart study durign the term, and he obviously understood evertything and then crammed eveythign again for exams, which is great for him

you: but why would the guy study only "math" till he slept for say a english exam thats on next week... hahaha

i was questioning whether when he said max he woudl spending studying was 30minutes if that was on maths, not whether he studied from after school still he slept on maths...ofcourse that would be pointless when you have another exam on the next day

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm yeh some people work better under pressure.. like the adrenalins all rushing and stuff
for my business assessment i did it all nite before.. got 3rd in the grade and heaps of ppl who spent ages doing it did bad.. u could say that i dont deserve that because i didnt spend the time but whats the point in spending ages on it if u know what u are doing and how to do it

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
yeah you're right there...
i dont know

i guess my pre-concieved notion of how much work someone who got UAI 99+ would do has changed....i still believe subject choice plays a big part on the UAI (which is why i regret the subjects i am doing!!) hehehe
again refer to 'im a tad peeved' if you don't know what i'm on about

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by cro_angel
...whats the point in spending ages on it if u know what u are doing and how to do it
so you can come first stupid :p LOL. joking... :)

well my understanding to this studying theory is summarised in a simple equation:

R = k*ln(t+1)

where R is the result, k is a constant which is derived from various factors such as effectiveness of study methods and etc, and t is the time.

so if you graph this relationship you'll find that as the time increases the gains in the results diminishes. so one must find the right balance to spend all one's time on certain subject to maximise the uai... who can work that out?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
R = k*ln(t+1)

where R is the result, k is a constant which is derived from various factors such as effectiveness of study methods and etc, and t is the time.
You forgot to mention that it is asymptotic to 100+delta R

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually it would be asymptotic to 100 plus delta R because that assumes that it will only touch 100 at an extreme, it would be easier to say 0= < R = < 100

Last edited:

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
krispy kremes are the best! i love the originals when u put them in the microwave ... mmm *drewl* and the chocolate wit the fat ass sprinkles!! YUM!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
uhhhh o-k....
Yeah I know I forgot to account for < indicating a start of a html tag which subsequently didnt show up.

and Ive never had Krispy Kremes :(

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
no they're not just doughnut 'things' ...they're amazing
serously Xayma, you're missing out :uhhuh:
i have a piccie

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
omg those r my favourites too!

yummm ur right your pic's awesome *drool*

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by cro_angel
this one looks better
my favs are original glazed and the devils chocolate one
mmmm
hahaha... the pic is from how stuff works... the site can't find anything good to explain so they just explain how krispy kreme makes their doughnuts... :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They run out of all the good stuff to explain, just wait till they explain how chickens are killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)