maths1902 omg... (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Is Linear Algebra better than calculus?

Depends, everyone has different preferences. I guess most people would like the easier one more

Is Linear Algebra harder than calculus?

In the first year context, yes (at least for most people).

Last edited:

nit

HSC
well 1901 can get hard. We were just lucky that this year's exam was a rehash of the previous couple of years...1902 was pretty new on the other hand. Especially some of that vector stuff.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I found this year's q5 relatively easier than the past couple of year's q5s. And matrices are annoying in that you have to write out a whole box of 20 or so numbers for one little step.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
SeDaTeD said:
I found this year's q5 relatively easier than the past couple of year's q5s. And matrices are annoying in that you have to write out a whole box of 20 or so numbers for one little step.
haha i spent about 15 minutes trying to prove the second last part by induction. Didnt work.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Not by induction. Let another matrix M be a diagonal matrix with entries 1, x, x^2... x^n-1. Then find AM. then find det(B) by taking out a factor of 1, x, x^2... out of each row, and u'll end up with AM.

Adam

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
is linear algebra harder than calculus?
Definitely not! Linear algebra makes some sense. But calculus is just a bunch of unrelated impractical topics joined up into one.

Biased? Yes.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Haha, biased indeed. What do you expect with 1st year anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)