Matrix, Dux Colleage or Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

Sagachii

HSC
Talent 100.
Everything is results focused - there is no messing around.
Notes are structured and detailed - basically if you know everything in the notes, your on the road to a good mark.
Everyone is really friendly, and the teaching is great :D

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I would stay away from all three colleges, since none of them care about you and their primary focus is to take your money. Any educational benefit you receive will be collateral effect. I have heard not so good things about T100; extremely overpriced for mediocre tutoring in an uncompetitive environment.

Sagachii

HSC
^ i can tell you this is not true, but yes it is quite expensive.

Last edited:

Sagachii

HSC
You did very well in your HSC, and for that congratulations =]. But yeah, I'm just saying what i've heard, I could be completely wrong.
Thanks iSplicer, and congrats on your fantastic results and admission to USyd MBBS!
I have also heard some bad stuff about Talent 100, but they are usually from people who have never been there.
I went there for Year 12 and I found it really helpful. =D

EyesAreON

HSC
If you want to try something different check out S4S Coaching...it's a friendly community of high achieving uni students who help out current high school students (I have friends who work their as tutors and trust me, they're geniuses- unlike me, because I say geniuses instead of genii). And they're around $20/hr I *think*

JustforLOLs

Banned
HSC
If you want to try something different check out S4S Coaching...it's a friendly community of high achieving uni students who help out current high school students (I have friends who work their as tutors and trust me, they're geniuses- unlike me, because I say geniuses instead of genii). And they're around $20/hr I *think*
Decent but they aren't geniuses. Some of them get 94 ATAR etc.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Has Dux College really developed that great of a reputation?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
^ i can tell you this is not true, but yes it is quite expensive.
You seeem to know a lot about T199. As a matter of curiosity, how much do they charge (e,g. how much per term, how many weeks/term and how many lessons per week and how many hours/lesson - and do the lessons, say, include 1.5 hrs class excercises out of a 3-hr lesson?)

Thank you.

Golotripa

HSC
Back in the day I went with TZ Tutoring... they have individual private tutoring where the tutor comes to YOUR house for $50... smashes Matrix, when I tried matrix it was a joke with so many people in the class it was like school LOL

try them out they have a mad site www.tztutoring.org.. also they give free lessons when you buy in bulk :p... or find them on facebook :D

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
In T100's defence, however, I can attest that the tutors there are top notch and definitely know what they're doing (many of them being my mates). But in my opinion, environment/peers are also a huge factor that need to be considered. Give T100 a go, and see if you like it, I guess.

GingerKid1

Banned
HSC
N/A
Whichever one is the most expensive.

Don't you know the rule? The more it costs, the better it MUST be!

hayabusaboston

HSC
You seeem to know a lot about T199. As a matter of curiosity, how much do they charge (e,g. how much per term, how many weeks/term and how many lessons per week and how many hours/lesson - and do the lessons, say, include 1.5 hrs class excercises out of a 3-hr lesson?)

Thank you.
T100 charge 4290 dollars per year per subject. You go once a week, for 41 weeks. 104.60 dollars/lesson, each lesson 3 hrs, about 34.90/hr. Compare that to Peak, 16.70/lesson. But omfg the tutours at t100 are insane. All of them are like 99.8 ATAR or more, several of 100 UAI and 99.95 ATAR. One '10 chick from ruse teaches there, topped 3 subjects, 3rd in the fourth subject. Holy shit lol. Maths teachers are all IMO people pretty much, most of them topping ext 1 or 2 or both. Sciences as well, all olympians or state toppers.

Go t100

you wont be disappointed

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
T100 charge 4290 dollars per year per subject. You go once a week, for 41 weeks. 104.60 dollars/lesson, each lesson 3 hrs, about 34.90/hr. Compare that to Peak, 16.70/lesson. But omfg the tutours at t100 are insane. All of them are like 99.8 ATAR or more, several of 100 UAI and 99.95 ATAR. One '10 chick from ruse teaches there, topped 3 subjects, 3rd in the fourth subject. Holy shit lol. Maths teachers are all IMO people pretty much, most of them topping ext 1 or 2 or both. Sciences as well, all olympians or state toppers.

Go t100

you wont be disappointed
People have this misconception that the smarter u r the better tutor you are.

Tutoring is more than knowing ur content, its about relating this back to others. I know someone who is a 98 atar student who is probably the best mathematics tutor I know

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
People have this misconception that the smarter u r the better tutor you are.

Tutoring is more than knowing ur content, its about relating this back to others. I know someone who is a 98 atar student who is probably the best mathematics tutor I know
I very much agree with you.

Out of curiosity, who is this tutor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)