Matrix for Maths EX1 (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
Hi, I'm planning to go to Matrix for Maths EX1 in Strathfield. I've got a few questions:

1. Is it good
2. How big are the classes
3. do they progress slow
Thanks

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
1. I have heard the notes there are good, though I may be wrong.
2. The classes are of decent size (maybe about 10?).
3. They progress at a reasonable rate (enough to be of use for you).

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
Heard you have to do an entrance exam and they are rather strict on homework. I may be wrong though, so don't take my word for it!

Anyways, although i haven't been there myself, the amount that the people in my maths class improved was quite significant. It started off with one guy going, who now pretty much tops the ranks in each and every maths exam. So a few more people (who were average or near the bottom of the class) started going and now their ranks have skyrocketed. Now, almost half the class goes to matrix!

But do bear in mind that their success has been driven by motivation and the need to succeed (as we were also in accelerated).

Hope this helped :)

Last edited:

nottellingu

HSC
Many of my friends went to matrix and i think it really helped them not only with the subjects they studied there but with their approach in general to the hsc.
I'd definitely give it a go if you think you need some help or want to maximise your mark.

sugardidz

HSC
1. It is pretty good I find that it helps you consolidate what you've learnt, as well as getting a little ahead of school. For me I really need to be TAUGHT things at least twice (that's why simply a private tutor who goes over HW is really effective for me), and in that sense it is definitely worthwhile giving it a shot
2. The max in a class is 13-14, but depending one what day you go it can be considerably small
3. This depends, that 'entrance exam' is more of a grading test to see what level you are at. they will then put in a class that seems suitable to your pace, so there are Accelerated classes, A, B, C. So it caters to everybody's speed pretty much.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)